Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got Postol over Crawford all day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've asked you about 3 times all my points against yours plus sigs. This is a 50/50 fight. I am willing to be tit all on my boy Bud. You down?

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      You guys know I'm not sold on Crawford at all, but if he wins this one fairly, I'll give him his credit. I find him extremely overrated skillwise and don't see this P4P level fighter people are talking about.

Postol is a much more fundamentally sound boxer, he's got a much better jab, a sharper, straighter right hand, better defence and he's definitely the more proven out of the two, there are no question marks about him.

I think Postol boxes Crawford's head off and wins a clear decision.
      Hope you didnt bet any money because Postol is getting stopped late or dropped several times to a unanimous decision loss

Postol throws a bunch of arm punches....stands square....no head movement.

How is postol more proven? Bud has won more titles and defeated more former champions

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post
        All you guys lookin' at records and statistics. If you just used your eyes and your brains you'd see that Crawford is the far superior fighter. Postol will be no walkover but I got Crawford all the way.
        ^^^^^this

well he did beat Matthyssee....thats a big deal if your name isnt danny garcia i guess

Comment

LoL Terrence Crawford far superior?? based on what?

I think Crawford looks flashier and is the bigger puncher but from a skill stand point there is not much between them. Both work behind the jab very well but I expect Postol to win the jab battle and force Crawford to try to find his way inside, TC doesn't really outbox guys, he mows them over with power. He won't be able to do that this time, a lot of his recent opponents have been relatively chinny (Lundy, Gamboa and Dulorme) and Postol has shown a very good chin thus far.

Comment

Crawford is going to whoop Postol. The only reason we are even talking about Postol is because Matthysse pulled a Victor Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              Hope you didnt bet any money because Postol is getting stopped late or dropped several times to a unanimous decision loss

Postol throws a bunch of arm punches....stands square....no head movement.

How is postol more proven? Bud has won more titles and defeated more former champions
              Nah I don't bet, but I'm pretty sure Postol is going to cause what many people consider an upset this weekend. If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up but I'm very confident.

Postol is just fundamentally a lot more sound than Crawford, he's a cleaner boxer, better jab, right hand, defence, ring IQ etc.

Postol is definitely more proven, he's beaten Matthysse who's a more credible win than anything on Crawford's resume. That's basically the only impressive win on either guy's resume, making Postol more proven. The guys Crawford beat to win his titles are C level at best, with all due respect to Burns and Dulorme.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post

I think Crawford looks flashier and is the bigger puncher but from a skill stand point there is not much between them. Both work behind the jab very well but I expect Postol to win the jab battle and force Crawford to try to find his way inside, TC doesn't really outbox guys, he mows them over with power. He won't be able to do that this time, a lot of his recent opponents have been relatively chinny (Lundy, Gamboa and Dulorme) and Postol has shown a very good chin thus far.
                This is Crawford's real step up fight.

Comment

Winning a clear decision over a poster boy highly decorated amateur boxer I think boxing politics might come into the factor of judges when its all said and done.

I'm not making any predictions I give props for TC for finally fighting his first legitimate challenge at 140 because lets be honest he didn't fight any top 20 fighter that is credible at 140.
                  I hope the right man gets the decision that's what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    SMH, Gamboa got dropped 4 times too. Just like when people say Dulorme outboxed Crawford for the first 5 rounds, he sucks. Again, Dulorme got dropped 2 or 3 times and stopped as well.

The when Crawford says it was part of his plan, people call bullschit. I see the dude making subtle adjustments in the ring, round by round, setting things up to execute. Postol is a great boxer but he will get outsmarted and outmaneuvered down the stretch by Crawford. His face will become heavily swollen and bloody, leading him to get with shots. Crawford works the body too so Postol will have plenty to worry about, especially with that long midsection that he has and his propensity to fight "tall".

By rounds 8, 9, and 10 Postol will be looking slower and starting to eat tons of shots.
                    You think Postol clinching won't be a factor in this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post

Crawford can switch hit, he times his punches much better, better boxing brain, can fight 4 or 5 different ways to Postol's one.

Look at it this way, Postol Is Classical music, Crawford is jazz. The Ukrainian is a good fighter, but much more mechanical than the slinky, slick, mean-ass-mother****er that is Bud Crawford.

Crawford can outbox guys, if he wants to, BUT! and this is crucial: He comes to fight! He's a true warrior. I'm not saying the fight's gonna be completely one-sided, but I expect Crawford to win convincingly.

Comment

Working...
                      X