No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter Plots Fall Return, Wants Immediate Thurman Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
    rematch can wait, thurman got bigger fish to fry. 147 is too stacked, if he wants to clean it out, he has to move on.
    Originally posted by TechnicalCombat View Post
    I don't think he deserves it yet.
    Translation: I'm skeered my hero gets beat up even more in the rematch.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Berto
    Guerrero
    Peterson
    Bradley
    Khan

All would be interesting opponents for Porter to get right back on the horse again. Don't know how possible those last two are, though.
    Agreed... any of those 5 would be great... AND Thurman. Whatever happens, I want to see Porter's next fight. Yes he needs to stop smothering his punches, but at least he is improving... threw some great jabs in the fight, and most of the time on effective aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      Porter beats Broner, but Broner gets Garcia?
      Broner should be fighting Berto to see which AB goes forward at 147.
      Porter beat Broner @ 144, and he just had a fight. DSG and Broner are well rested, should be ready to go! Broner is a cash cow, which is why Arum is talking to him about Pacquiao, and not talking about Danny Garcia or Thurman. It is what it is!

Comment

I'd love to see a rematch but not if Thurman/Garcia goes down. Maybe Thurman can fight Garcia, Porter can take an interim fight and they can fight again after that.

Comment

I doubt that a rematch happens right away Thurman has more important things on his mind than Porter...

Comment

Good stuff, I don't think that Thurman rematch happens anytime soon, but it will further down the line.

Porter should get a lighter touch next, maybe Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
              Thurman even told him what to work on he smothers his own punches hard to score judges like clean punches. He should study Chavez vs Rosario take a little step back give yourself room without sacrificing endless agression which is his style. He should work on jab and d and head movement too watch Chavez
              His jab and head movement are actually very good, the only problem tho is that he only uses both of those skills when the opponent is trying to walk him down. He should learn to use em also when he is on the offense.

Other than that, I totally agree with you.

Comment

This sort of raises that turd Kell Brook's stock since Brook did better against him than Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                X