No announcement yet.

Eubank Jr. expected to pocket $4M for Golovkin fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    4m to pay this bum? LMAO A euro prospect but K2 can't put up the the money to pay Saunders and better fighters?
    UK PPV though

Comment

He deserves it. Getting knocked out by GGG is no fun and it's hazardous to his health.

Comment

Misleading title. Says he expects to make four million. Article says he can make up to 4 million which means that's the max he can make. I doubt he'll make half of that. I actually read before he could of make up 6 million. Not sure how that dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple Genius View Post
          I went to GGG at MSG and Jacobs in Barclays. No way Jacobs is more popular than GGG
          I said

GGG isn't as popular in the UK as Jacobs is in America
          Eubank isn't as popular in the UK as GGG is in America

Meaning GGG and Jacobs are more popular in America than Eubank and GGG are in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            It's impossible for cheap a** K2. Eubank aint even as popular in the UK as GGG is in America. And GGG ain't as popular in the UK as Jacobs is in America. Crazy how Eubank Sr can pressure the networks to pony up the money and is son has only a 3 fight deal with Matchroom but GGG with his long-term deal with HBO can't come up with any money.

That's why I stopped arguing with those people in my thread I wrote about Jacobs wanting a reasonable purse. Matchroom is putting on bigger fights than HBO with one of HBO's featured fighter.
            It is crazy but we do need to understand that Boxing in America is on a downward slope in terms of money. Eddie Hearn has been saying this for a while now. Too many boxers were overpaid and combined with Pac/Mayweather money, it has hugely inflated the market. HBO has been cutting its Boxing budget for years now. Boxing in the UK is on FIRE right now. Eddie Hearn has done a fantastic job as the lead promoter. He understands marketing, something which none of the previous promoters namely Frank Warren weren't great at. Go to a big Matchroom card, then go to a 'big' Warren card, it's night and day.

The demand is there in the UK for the big fights, it's just not there in the U.S. You'd get more people watching it here in the UK than the U.S and we have far less people who are able to view it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              4m to pay this bum? LMAO A euro prospect but K2 can't put up the the money to pay Saunders and better fighters?
              Do you guys really think it's K2 that would be paying this money? How long have you guys followed boxing? Jesus Christ it's like the twilight zone in here

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                How many PPV's has Eubank sold in the UK? What was his largest attendance and gate? GGG isn't known by the casuals over there. That's why he's the B-side in this fight.
                That doesn't matter. Because this fight will sell, the Eubank name is a massive household name in the UK because of the Dad, and it will be hyped to the rooftops off the basis that he is fighting arguably the best fighter in the world p4p, and definitely the most dangerous. This fight has an X-Factor, Stevie Wonder could see it.

Plus, Eddie Hearn hasn't got a bad stable has he? There will probably be a packed undercard.

I think this fight could sell 400-500k easy on SBO. The gate will be pretty big too you would think (O2 is 20,000). British boxing fans will be aware that this is possibly the only time they have such an opportunity to see GGG in the flesh on UK soil. Plus I think if Eubank's chin holds up he has more than enough talent and skill to make this GGG's toughest night to date.

Comment

GGG is wasting time here , GGG not in the ring with Canelo or BJS is a waste of time, Canelo is the big name, BJS got the belt that will put him the record books

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    ON PPV you asshat. Holy **** are guys really this dumb or just pulling my leg?
                    boo hoo! Lil'G excuses rainbowing up now! Gonna be a great week! and...

Don't let me take another family picture of you broheim. teike EZ papi.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      ON PPV you asshat. Holy **** are guys really this dumb or just pulling my leg?
                      They're really this ******ed msn. It's pointless. Thid fight just blew up their whole theory that Golovkin opponents don't get paid and that they're cheap. They need to find something else to cry about.

Comment

Working...
                      X