Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reporter asks Danny Jacobs how much money he was offered to fight GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs has done nothing on his part to make this fight bigger. I'm tired of inferior fighters parading around as champions in hopes of getting paid off of another man's blood sweat and tears.

Bottom line: You become a star and get those desired paydays by beating fighters like GGG. Not by cherrypicking and trying to get rich off an ass whooping.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Jacobs has done nothing on his part to make this fight bigger. I'm tired of inferior fighters parading around as champions in hopes of getting paid off of another man's blood sweat and tears.

Bottom line: You become a star and get those desired paydays by beating fighters like GGG. Not by cherrypicking and trying to get rich off an ass whooping.
      Read my post right before this one on the other page. We must've posted at the same time because I just explained it

Comment

This is EXACTLY what's wrong with boxing. But can't have it both ways. You either want 1 ruling body/organization, and have hte fighters get paid less, or you have what you have now (complete and utter ****), and have the fighters get paid more.

Debatable topic, but honestly, I could give a ****. I didn't force anyone to take up boxing. I want 1 governing body/organization, and have the fights we all want. If you;re ahead of the pack, you get paid more. If you have a larger fan base, you get paid more. If you bring in ratings, you get paid more.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          This is EXACTLY what's wrong with boxing. But can't have it both ways. You either want 1 ruling body/organization, and have hte fighters get paid less, or you have what you have now (complete and utter ****), and have the fighters get paid more.

Debatable topic, but honestly, I could give a ****. I didn't force anyone to take up boxing. I want 1 governing body/organization, and have the fights we all want. If you;re ahead of the pack, you get paid more. If you have a larger fan base, you get paid more. If you bring in ratings, you get paid more.
          I agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Read my post right before this one on the other page. We must've posted at the same time because I just explained it
            Jacobs is not a champion tho. He's a mandatory challenger paying a sanctioning fee to be called a champion. He's worth the mandatory challengers percentage of the total revenue. This should not be a difficult fight to make.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              Jacobs is not a champion tho. He's a mandatory challenger paying a sanctioning fee to be called a champion. He's worth the mandatory challengers percentage of the total revenue. This should not be a difficult fight to make.
              And how much is that?

Comment

so, if jacobs deserves at least 2.5/3 million dollars, how much does GGG deserve? i mean, GGG is the champion, and the star of the show. plus. where does this money come from? does it grow in trees? if that's the case, where can i get one of this trees? i have a big backyard and i would love to plant one of those

Comment

And how much is that?
                  Call it a $5 million fight. That's generous. GGG vs Lemieux was $3.5 million and it broke even. I'm assuming Jacobs being from the US and a Brooklyn native will make this a bigger fight in NYC.

WBA rules are 75/25 for Super champion vs regular champion (glorified mandatory)

That gives Jacobs a value of $1.25M. Should he win and become champion, he will become more valuable because the 75% will be his.

This is the way it's supposed to work. But instead, you have divas crying because they want more than what they generate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    so, if jacobs deserves at least 2.5/3 million dollars, how much does GGG deserve? i mean, GGG is the champion, and the star of the show. plus. where does this money come from? does it grow in trees? if that's the case, where can i get one of this trees? i have a big backyard and i would love to plant one of those
                    Its funny that the same people who think Jacobs should get north of $2 million to face GGG are the same people who claimed Barerra was ducking Ward because he didnt accept the initial 300k offer lol

Comment

Jacobs $550K to fight Mora on the undercard of Garcia vs Guerrero
                      Jacobs got $1.5 mil to fight Quillin on the main event of a Showtime card in Brooklyn in front of 8,400 people

Tim Bradley has a base pay around $1.5-$2 mil per fight
                      He got paid $1.9 mil to headline on HBO against Rios in front of 5000 people. $2mil against Vargas and $1.5 mil against Chavez at a bar in Vegas
                      He got $4 mil for Pac III He got $4.1 mil against Marquez

GGG got $2 mil against Wade in a sold out Forum
                      $2.5 mil against Lemieux in a sold out MSG on PPV
                      $1.5 mil against Monroe Jr in a sold out Forum

Lomachenko got $750k for a showcase on Bradley Rios undercard in front of $5 mil
                      Lomachenko got $850 against Martinez at MSG in front of 4500 people

I would figure a Jacobs would be wort at least $2.5-$3 mil to fight GGG. But the fight would have to be on PPV to get him that money. Loeffler has said that isn't a PPV fight yet. They want it on HBO WCB but can't afford to pay him more than he got paid against Quillin on Showtime. A fight in New York would sell out MSG at a higher per ticket price than Lemieux. Offering Jacobs only $500k more than they paid Wade is an insult

hahahahaha all of your examples are reasons why Jacobs would NOT get $2.5-$3m you bonehead.

How is NSB this dumb?

Comment

Working...
                      X