Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Must Face Joseph Parker By January 9, Says IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So today is the day everyone starts to call Parker a bum just because he has to fight AJ? Before today he was one of the most hyped heavyweights. After the Takam fight I recall people saying AJ wouldn't fight him. Parker has more fights than AJ so if AJ has been fighting bums who has Parker been fighting?

Comment

Great fight. Would have pegged Parker to win before seeing the Takam fight but now I'm not as confident.

Comment

I see no problem. At least it's a fight we want to see, right?

Let's give boxing props when it gets something right.

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
          The irony of david haye being given a number 3 ranking after fighting 2 guys who were nowhere near even the top 100 ranked hw's, is sublime. The IBF are pure excrement. Who would he have to fight to make him the IBFs number 1 then? david price? Audley harrison? Even bumsquad would have been too embaraseed to fight hayes last 2 opponents. And thats saying something!!!!
          How would Wilder be embarrased when his last three opponents were an horrible embarrassment he could of fought Gerald Washington Jerrell Miller Joseph Parker or a Hughie Fury to stay busy til Povetkin or Fury but at least Joshua is stepping up at the right time for real

Comment

The IBF are too strict and literal with the rules. The other governing bodies not strict enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              So today is the day everyone starts to call Parker a bum just because he has to fight AJ? Before today he was one of the most hyped heavyweights. After the Takam fight I recall people saying AJ wouldn't fight him. Parker has more fights than AJ so if AJ has been fighting bums who has Parker been fighting?
              Yeah i agree neither are bums it's who you step in with and how you perform it's not like the boxers have a big variety of fighters to fight and that is due to networks and promoters believe me anyone with an undefeated record is no bum unless they didn't train right or prepare their self mentality for the fight

Comment

looks like a lot of yall are sleeping on Parker. It's like Parker's a bum for the flaws he showed vs Takam, yet Joshua is an unbeatable machine for knocking out cab drivers looking flat-footed as hell? Garcia-Matthysse v2

Comment

Good. Let's do it.

Comment

Looking forward to this , Parker if he stays confident is live dog early rounds with his speed, I hope he wins but kinda fearing a Chris arreola situation at title level
                    AJ has some smarts as well as physicality, Parker needs to be more mobile and unpredictable

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Mayeather never had the IBF belts, or rarely had it (I think he won it against Judah then dropped it).

For better or worse, the IBF is very strict when it comes to their mandatories. Sometimes that's a good thing, other times it's not. In this case, it's a very good fight so I'm all for it. Also, once you win a world championship belt, you cant expect to be treated like a prospect anymore. You are now a world champion and the obligations and responsibilities that come with it. If Joshua and his handlers want to keep him like a prospect who is still growing, they shouldn't have fought for the IBF belt or they should drop it.

Regardless, if you plan on winning and keeping the IBF you better be prepared to take on mandatories. Everyone who wins the IBF is aware of how they work in that regard.
                      They've already said there gonna deal with parker......November or early December will be the date and watch joshau dispatch of parker as well, everybody has a plan untill they step into the ring with joshua ....he hits you and busts you up

Comment

Working...
                      X