Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Must Face Joseph Parker By January 9, Says IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Must Face Joseph Parker By January 9, Says IBF

Joseph Parker's potential title fight with Anthony Joshua continues to take shape with the IBF insisting the British heavyweight take on his mandatory challenger before January 9.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a real fight I look forward to.

Comment

These organizations are so corrupt looking for their sanctioning fees caring about nothing else. Joshua has been fighting a few times a year a new young champ. So instead of growing him they are extorting him with do or die dates. Meanwhile guys like mayweather fought twice a year if that.

Comment

Ibf with their crappy mando

Comment

Eh, I don't mind this. It gets another (unnecessarily) hyped contender out of the way, and it's not like we'll be seeing unifications this year (Wilder's having Povetkin issues, Fury and Wladimir on the bench for long time).

Comment

F.uck the belt. Fight Wilder next.

Comment

I like this fight

Comment

Or else the IBF will strip him and set up a bum fight between 2 other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                  These organizations are so corrupt looking for their sanctioning fees caring about nothing else. Joshua has been fighting a few times a year a new young champ. So instead of growing him they are extorting him with do or die dates. Meanwhile guys like mayweather fought twice a year if that.
                  Mayeather never had the IBF belts, or rarely had it (I think he won it against Judah then dropped it).

For better or worse, the IBF is very strict when it comes to their mandatories. Sometimes that's a good thing, other times it's not. In this case, it's a very good fight so I'm all for it. Also, once you win a world championship belt, you cant expect to be treated like a prospect anymore. You are now a world champion and the obligations and responsibilities that come with it. If Joshua and his handlers want to keep him like a prospect who is still growing, they shouldn't have fought for the IBF belt or they should drop it.

Regardless, if you plan on winning and keeping the IBF you better be prepared to take on mandatories. Everyone who wins the IBF is aware of how they work in that regard.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 06-28-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Team Joshua pays IBF hefty ransom.
                    IBF "orders" Joshua to make easy defense.
                    Repeat.
                    If you dont like it blame the Klitchkos.

Comment

Working...
                    X