Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder To Anthony Joshua: Why Wait? Let's Fight Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    It's good enough to KO Joshua if he lands the right punch that AJ doesn't see but even his power is overrated. People were in awe of his KO over Spilzka but they forget that it took 9 rounds and a punch he didn't see to get that knockout. Any heavyweight throwing that punch would have scored that KO most likely. He landed a number of right hands that Spilzka took without any trouble, People just put that KO and his knockout ratio of 97% and think yeah he has unbelievable power, but so few of those KO's are clean and against good opposition.
    If Wilder's power is overrated then so is Joshua's.

At least Wilder is faster and busier.

AJ's last fight was fought at a snails pace...yet....his mouth was open in the 3rd round.

I think Wilder will set a pace Joshua can't match ...and stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      Joshua should dominate and KO him if they ever meet, he does just about everything better..... Wilder's only advantage is experience and even that is debatable as neither guy has really been through tough competition. I do not see anything special about Wilder at all, he's not a good boxer and has very little skill.... I still cringe when I remember his terrible attempt at countering off the ropes, wild misses and falling over in the Spilzka fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Yeah right. Wilder who hasn't tried to fight anyone great his entire career suddenly wants to fight Joshua as soon as possible. Bullisht! They both know the fight will be marinated for 2-3 years like all Al Haymon fights worth a damn. Wilder is just trying to get fans on his side after ducking Povetkin.
        Ducked Povetkin? Please. The WBC postponed the fight. You can't be called a duck when your opponent tests positive for a banned substance and your scheduled fight is called off. Besides Wilder has been calling out Klitchko for a couple of years now. There is no reason to believe he isn't interested in big fights.

Comment

Does Wilder even decide who he's going to fight? I thought Haymon called the shots?

One thing i'll say about a Joshua-Wilder fight, that **** ain't going 12!

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            I'll say this again: If it was that simple to stop 35 out of 36 opponents every heavyweight in the world would be doing it. Top 10 or not. The power is obviously there and who exactly is overrating his power? Wilder gets more criticism than anything else on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              I'll say this again: If it was that simple to stop 35 out of 36 opponents every heavyweight in the world would be doing it. Top 10 or not. The power is obviously there and who exactly is overrating his power? Wilder gets more criticism than anything else on this site.
              When did I say he has no power or can't punch?

I said his power is overrated, that doesn't mean it's not there..... it's just more highly regarded than it should be. Simple.

Quality of opposition totally matters man.... easier to KO journeymen than contenders (you should be ashamed for trying to refute that), thats what seperates the true punchers from the rest, they keep getting knockouts. How many fighters start out with amazing KO ratio ratios and then they dry up as soon as they stop fighting prospect level competition.

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              If Wilder's power is overrated then so is Joshua's.

At least Wilder is faster and busier.

AJ's last fight was fought at a snails pace...yet....his mouth was open in the 3rd round.

I think Wilder will set a pace Joshua can't match ...and stop him.

Yes Joshua's power is overrated as he usually stops them by accumulation but the difference is Joshua actually has boxing skill, Wilder clearly doesn't. Both can KO the other man but I see Joshua landing the power shots first, Wilder is easy to hit and doesn't use his length atall.

How is Wilder faster, does the man even throw combinations??

Joshua might struggle with Fury but he will dominate and KO Wilder.
              Last edited by NaijaD; 06-27-2016, 08:50 AM.

Comment

We have seen WIlder bully low skilled fighters, but I uploaded this video on another thread
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7tzdZvOWkY

Wilder and Haye sparring and you can see clearly the gulf in class, in terms of natural boxing talent/ability.

Same would apply with Joshua V Wilder. Joshua is a natural boxer, he may be predictable, but Joshua (like Haye) is a natural boxer, which would result in Joshua nailing the clumsy WIlder.

Comment

Sounds good, but I think it was more of a being put on the spot thing for Wilder. He needs to make sure Arreolla doesn't shock him first.

Comment

Wilder's great at calling people out but very poor on following it up.

I'll consider this more empty BS in lieu of anything more concrete occurring.
                    Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 06-27-2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Doubt it happens this year.

Reckon for Joshua we will see Parker later in the year, and maybe another sh/t fight that makes money like Price or (shudder) Whyte 2.

I genuinely think they would have fought Fury in November if his fight on July 9th would have gone ahead. Being outboxed is less damaging to Joshua's career and brand that being starched out, and i dont think that Josh's team think much of Fury as a fighter (rightly or wrongly).

Wilder they probably are confident of beating, but there is a very good chance of being KO'd, maybe badly.

Comment

Working...
                      X