Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs: GGG is the best of my generation - Will fight him when money is right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with that. But you don't build fights against unranked, washed up gate keepers like Sergio Mora. GGG has beat 6 or 7 top 10 contenders while Jacobs beat 1.

This tells me, it's Jacobs fault the fight isn't big enough not GGGs. Just look at the ratings flop for the battle of Brooklyn.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Oh, so you ignored me exposing you in your concern trolling thread. You're a super hater when it comes to PBC. Like I said. I explained the situation in my own thread.
      cool story..

It was my opinion based on the people around me...now you exposed my opinion lol...I guess when you actually put on a good fight, people go to see it ha? That's amazing, thanks for clearing that up for me....

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        cool story..

It was my opinion based on the people around me...now you exposed my opinion lol...I guess when you actually put on a good fight, people go to see it ha? That's amazing, thanks for clearing that up for me....
        Based on people around you? Confirmation bias. Anecdotal evidence. Casuals. Go troll somewhere else, concern troll.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Here is my problem with these kind of statements. They seem honest and everything, but that's not how this business works. Fighters' purses are common knowledge to the fans, and the promoters are intricately aware of what each fighter makes.

Golovkin's best purse is $2M vs. Lemieux. His highest paid opponent so far has been Lemieux, who made $1.5M. Jacobs made $1M vs. Quillin. His idea that he can make a lot more money off Golovkin simply has no basis. Golovkin is not Mayweather, Pac, Canelo or Cotto. He just can't pay "so much more".

What Jacobs is actually saying is that he will wait and hope that either:
          1) Golovkin becomes a crossover superstar who can pay him insane amount
          2) Gets old
          3) Loses to someone else.

In other words, it smells, looks and feels like a duck. And that's exactly what it is.
          That's what i've seen saying for a while. People are wanting like $3m to fight GGG when he doesn't even make that himself. They need to be realistic about it.

But then that's the problem with overpaying fighters. Pay a guy $1m to fight fairly weak opposition, then he's going to want triple that to fight a hard opponent. This is happening a lot these days.

Comment

This really highlights GGG's problem. He is a very good, possibly great, fighter no doubt. But he doesn't bring in the money to make him worth it to the top guys. Guys like Jacobs can make just as much if not more fighting a bum then taking a loss to GGG.
            Since he is not a PPV draw he can only pay his opponents so much and as you are seeing many guys that have options are moving on.
            Back in the day Tyson was knocking everyone out. But guys would call him out and sign up because his fights were huge events and brought in huge money. Plus a loss to Tyson wasn't that bad for a guys career.
            GGG is going to have to make some concessions sooner or later to land a big name otherwise he could go down as the ultimate What If? fighter of all time.

Comment

He's right. Lou Dibella said a couple of weeks ago that there isn't enough money for a GGG-Jacobs fight. If any fight needs marinating it's this one. GGG-Canelo is PPV ready. And with that deal Jacobs just made to become the face of Brooklyn Boxing they're on pace to marinate the fight.

I keep trying to tell ya'll nobody is afraid of GGG, they just want to be paid for the risk. Like Jacobs said, I'm not about to fight GGG for the same money I got fighting Quillin. And he's right.

There is no money in a GGG fight. That's why he has to travel to the UK to fight Eubank. Think about that for a minute. The IBF, WBA, WBC, undefeated MW champion of the world has to travel and is the B-side to a domestic level UK fighter. He doesn't have the money to get a domestic level fighter here over here. Canelo is bringin Smith here and Smith is the champ. GGG fans need to put the pressure on his team to come up with some money.
              Are you the one that is going to donate them that money so they can come up with something?

Comment

He's right. Lou Dibella said a couple of weeks ago that there isn't enough money for a GGG-Jacobs fight. If any fight needs marinating it's this one. GGG-Canelo is PPV ready. And with that deal Jacobs just made to become the face of Brooklyn Boxing they're on pace to marinate the fight.

I keep trying to tell ya'll nobody is afraid of GGG, they just want to be paid for the risk. Like Jacobs said, I'm not about to fight GGG for the same money I got fighting Quillin. And he's right.

There is no money in a GGG fight. That's why he has to travel to the UK to fight Eubank. Think about that for a minute. The IBF, WBA, WBC, undefeated MW champion of the world has to travel and is the B-side to a domestic level UK fighter. He doesn't have the money to get a domestic level fighter here over here. Canelo is bringin Smith here and Smith is the champ. GGG fans need to put the pressure on his team to come up with some money.
                If there's a "risk" then they're afraid

Comment

He isn't that popular and that's what they're trying to do. Increase his popularity.

I watched the fight today. What order did Eubank fight? He was under Groves-Murray right? Wasn't Liam Smith the main event fighter his last two fights? How many main events does Smith have compared to Eubank Jr? They're both domestic level fighters and GGG is going to the UK to fight on a matchroom card.
                  Eubank/Doran was a fairly short notice fight b/c Eubank recently re-upped with Hearn. It deserved to be under Groves/Murray, Joshua/Breazele. When Eubank fought Blackwell as a main event, it sold out Wembly Arena at 12,500. Saunders/Lee only did about 7k, where Liam Smith was the co-main in his 1st defense, and he was co-main to Flanagan/Magdelano when he won his title. Liam Smith just had his first main event as a champ in a much smaller show at Echo Arena. Before Warren paid the WBO to side-step Austin Trout, Smith was being handled as a prospect.

You make Golovkin going to the UK sound like B-league, are you being serious? Golovkin/Eubank is a bigger event and makes more money than any fight he could take at MW in the US that doesn't involve Canelo or Cotto. Fighting in front of 20k at O2 on SKY ppv, with the fight drawing high ratings in Germany, Poland, Russia, and the rest of Eastern Europe is somehow an embarrassment on Golovkin's part? You have to be dumb or trolling to believe that.

Meantime Danny Jacobs, talks about maximizing his earnings for a Golovkin fight, then why does he choose to sit out 9 months then fight someone his own fans don't care about seeing? That's completely backwards to increasing his popularity. To me it looks like he's milking his interim title taking as little risk as possible. I actually like Danny as person and his style of fighting, but it's frustrating to watch his career move.

Comment

This is the problem with you GGG fans. You expect every other fighter to do what's good for GGG but GGG doesn't have to do anything. K2 and GGG have made GGG a boxing household name. Danny Jacobs isn't. GGG can sell out arenas from coast to coast. Danny Jacobs can't. GGG has promotional deals with Jordan brand, Samsung, and did a commerical with Apple. Danny just got that deal with Brooklyn Boxing.

You admit GGG is a better fighter than Mora, BJS, Jacobs and Quillin yet you expect Jacobs to take the same amount of money to fight GGG as he did fighting Quillin? That's ridiculous. That's like expecting Breazele to take the same amount of money fighting Joshua as he did fighting Mansour. If the fight was as big as you're making it out to be there should be no problem getting Jacobs $3 mil. They can't get it because it's not worth that much money. They can't even get enough money to bring Eubank Jr over here.
                    Eubank wasn't even the main event. He fought two fights before the main event. Groves-Murray had higher billing than him. The only way Jacobs is going to HBO to fight GGG is for a PPV. It's not a PPV fight.

Jacobs, Haymon, DiBella, and PBC isn't in business to make GGG a star. They're in the business to make Jacobs a star. And nobody becomes a star fighting GGG. There's no money or exposure to be gained fighting GGG. And GGG knows that and that's why he's chasing Canelo and going to the UK. These fighters are treating GGG the same way he treated Ward. He's not a big enough star and doesn't bring enough money so the risk isn't worth the reward. That 150,000 killed them.
                    Whats wrong with you mate? All I expect from fighters is that they try to fight the best in their division. When they ask for unrealistic money they simply price themself out. Jacobs can make 1.5mil vs GGG (may be) - that would be his career high payday. He would gladly take that purse against any other MW but not the one he himself calls the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple Genius View Post
                      If there's a "risk" then they're afraid
                      What risks has GGG taken??

Comment

Working...
                      X