No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Edges Shawn Porter To Win a War at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Ironically, Floyd would be accused of "protecting his 0" if he fought either of these guys. Thurman and Porter are good fighters. Which means if you match em up, you'll get a competitive fight. Floyd is an ATG fighter. Which means if you put him in the ring with a good fighter, he'll probably win easily. Which his critics will interpret as him fighting an easy opponent.
    Floyd was accused of protecting his 0 for a lot of other reasons, here are a few:

1. Not fighting Pacquiao until after the Marquez KO
    2. Not moving up to 154 to fight Winky when he was top dog.
    3. Not fighting Sergio Martinez at 154 when he offered to come down.
    4. Not fighting GGG at 154 where Floyd was champ at, and after Floyd made comments that he would beat GGG at 160 because GGG is basic...

Comment

• Originally posted by koolbreez12 View Post
      What fight did you watch if you only saw a "few" punches landed by Thurman? He connected all night with clean effective punches. He landed just as much as Porter but with a much higher connect %. His cut came from a headbutt, so ya..idk wtf you're talking about. You must be a casual fan
      Why does he have to be a casual fan because he saw the fight different from you?

I HATE that. You coulda left that out your comment.

Comment

• Warrr.one time

Not comparing Thurman to Mayweather. ..but I can see Thurman as his career goes on getting that Mayweather hate....

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          Floyd was accused of protecting his 0 for a lot of other reasons, here are a few:

1. Not fighting Pacquiao until after the Marquez KO
          2. Not moving up to 154 to fight Winky when he was top dog.
          3. Not fighting Sergio Martinez at 154 when he offered to come down.
          4. Not fighting GGG at 154 where Floyd was champ at, and after Floyd made comments that he would beat GGG at 160 because GGG is basic...
          1. Floyd had agreed to fight Pac before the Marquez KO. 50/50 purse split, ring size, gloves, everything was agreed to. But Pacquiao walked away just because he wouldn't do random drug testing.

2. Floyd had far more lucrative options when Winky Wright was in his prime.

3. Sergio Martinez was a middleweight.

4. Lil G was a middleweight.

So basically the only legit thing you have to b*tch about is that Floyd stayed away from 160 pounders. Wow. What a chicken coward ducker!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            1. Floyd had agreed to fight Pac before the Marquez KO. 50/50 purse split, ring size, gloves, everything was agreed to. But Pacquiao walked away just because he wouldn't do random drug testing.

So basically the only legit thing you have to b*tch about is that Floyd stayed away from 160 pounders. Wow. What a chicken coward ducker!
            This....Floyd could've won a f'ing heavyweight title and people would complain.

If he beat Martínez people would've said he wasnt that good and struggled against Murray or whoever...if he beat GayLoveKin, it's because he wasn't proven (not that GayLoveKin didn't have his chance to be great vs Ward and pussied out) etc etc

Comment

• While I see a lot of people giving Porter his props for taking Thurman's shots and kept going, I think people need to do the same for Thurman for taking those body shots and still kept going.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Not to mention, Floyd-Winky was discussed when Wink was at 54 and Floyd was still at 30. If Floyd's a coward for backing outta that. So is Hopkins. Because not long after James Toney beat Vassily Jirov, he and Hopkins agreed to terms on a fight. It even was previewed on the cover of Ring magazine. And at the 11th hour, X backed out.

Either way, the same guys b1tch'n and moan'n about Floyd not fighting middleweights are the same ones that have more excuses than a ***** going to jail as to why GGG shouldn't move up and challenge himself. At least Floyd fought in 5 divisions. GGG won't move up an oz......to fight anybody with a pulse at least.

Comment

• I came into the fight rooting for Thurman but I thought Porter won closely but clearly. Kell Brook is clearly the best at Welterweight until proven otherwise. Porter made Thurman look slow. I felt like he exposed Thurman the same way Brook did to him and Degale did to Dirrell.
                  Last edited by hrt3333; 06-26-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hrt3333 View Post
                    I came into the fight rooting for Thurman but I thought Porter won closely but clearly. Kell Brook is clearly the best at Welterweight until proven otherwise. Porter made Thurman look slow. I felt like he exposed Thurman the same way Brook did to him and Degale did to Dirrell.
                    Honestly, I didn't see that at all. I saw Thurman take some shots, Porter took more. He ate left hooks all night and was clearly outboxed at range as well. As I said above, porters work was smothered, ugly, and largely ineffective. Thurman won it no matter what any of us think though. I do agree that Brooks win has now shown he's no joke at WW. Thurman needs to fight him.
                    Last edited by Metho_4u; 06-26-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                      Honestly, I didn't see that at all. I saw Thurman take some shots, Porter took more. He ate left hooks all night and was clearly outboxed at range as well. As I said above, porters work was smothered, ugly, and largely ineffective. Thurman won it no matter what any of us think though. Though I do agree that Brooks win has now shown he's no joke at WW. Thurman needs to fight him.
                      I agree and I have to add Thurman and Porter both showed the hearts of warriors, great fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X