Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Edges Shawn Porter To Win a War at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny porter the linebacker coack

Originally posted by ricodonjefe View Post
    porters pops might need to watch tapes on there fights you can clearly see what the issues are it's boxing not a wrestling match he smothers way too much ...
    kenny is a football coach and shawn is too loyal to get a real boxing trainer!

Comment

• Originally posted by djbiancafrost View Post
      When announcers kept talking about Thurman here and there even if he is being bombed by Porter, i knew from the get go he`s win no matter what.

Sorry for Porter. Thurman was the favorite in the eyes of these mockery of people.
      Tell me about it I think 90% of the talk the announcers had was about how great Thurman was and is doing. I remember a sequence when Porter had him against the ropes landed like 3 clean body shots and Thurman lands one counter punch and the announcers praise Thurman but not a mention of Porter.

Comment

• I had Thurman 8-4 though you could make the case for a draw because there were a lot of close rounds.

I just thought Thurman had the cleaner better work. Porter was able to get him trapped against the ropes a bit and move him around in certain rounds, but sometimes Thurman got the better work off the ropes. Pushing people around and smothering your own work doesn't win you rounds. The one round that Shawn landed a meaningful punch (the body shot) Keith even came back to take the round.

People claiming the fight was a robbery don't know how to judge a boxing match.

Comment

• Originally posted by g27region View Post
          That **** was a ****ing robbery **** that!!!

Porter has a lot of flaws in his style yeah, that was a close fight but Shawn was that fighter who was putting the pressure most of the time
          Pushing and low blows is not the real pressure. Porter is excellent fighter, but mediocre boxer.

Comment

• Agreed, Porter gave the fight away. Props to Thurmon tho for taking advantage of the Porters stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
              they are trying to say the judges were shady already and blaming haymon hahaha!
              Anytime you have a relatively even fight. Where the guy that's controlling the pace of the fight, which in this case was Porter. Isn't the guy landing the cleaner punches. Its gonma create a controversal decision. It all goes back to people not knowing how to score a fight. The criteria is clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship, and defense. And personally, I score rounds in that order. Most of the clean punching was done by Thurman. That trumps all on my card. In the rounds where the clean punching was relatively even. Porter was aggressive. Was it effective? Depends on what you call effective. He was definitely effective in making Thurman uncomfortable. He was effective in smoothering Thurman's offense. Porter landed some good shots. Just not as many as Keith. I think both did well from a ring generalship standpoint, although Porter was probably a lil better. Which often time leads a fighter, and his supporters thinking he won a fight that he didn't. I'm sure gameplan-wise. Porter probably got done what he wanted moreso than Keith. Unfortunately for Shawn, this wasn't a wrestling match.

Comment

• Originally posted by latinbrawler316 View Post
                Tell me about it I think 90% of the talk the announcers had was about how great Thurman was and is doing. I remember a sequence when Porter had him against the ropes landed like 3 clean body shots and Thurman lands one counter punch and the announcers praise Thurman but not a mention of Porter.
                I have to rewatch the fight but the Judges appropriately called the fight for Thurman. Thurman won the Championship rounds(10 , 11, 12) by 2-1 in my opinion and can recall moments where Thurman would slip and limit damage on the inside and land some effective shots on Porter.

Comment

• Thurman had the cleaner punches by far, how come nobody has mentioned the counters KEEEEF was landing all night. Porter ABANDONED his jab after a few counter lefts. Porter would be more effective if he gave himself about 6 inches inside. He would mostly land on the arms and shoulders, a few body shots got in here and there but definetly not enough to claim a win. Not the best i have seen from either fighter but a great fight. I had it 8 to 4 for Thurman and at the very worst a draw, but no way did Porter deserve the win

Comment

• Thurman clearly won. Fight seems to be a bit overrated IMO. Porter forgot to show up in the championship rounds inexplicably. Salido vs Vargas was a better fight.

Comment

• Idk how anyone had Porter winning. It was a good fight and it was close but clearly for Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                      X