Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Liam Smith Finalized at 154, 9/17 on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Nope. It's clear as Phuk he's moving down to shut GGG and his idiot team and fans up.
    You think it's only Golovkin fans calling for that fight?

Comment

Nope. It's clear as Phuk he's moving down to shut GGG and his idiot team and fans up. Proving he is a god damn jr middleweight and it ain't no thang to drop 1 pound to grab another belt. Canelo has made enough better fights (Floyd, Trout, Cotto, Lara, ect) at age 25 to earn the right to make the type of demands he has for GGG. When will GGG who is 34 step up ONCE to make a better fight for his fans? By GGG standards Canelo fighting Smith is blockbuster. LMAO Better then Wade and Eubank, Monroe, 3 of the last 4 GGG fights and only Lemieux is slightly better (and that's arguable). Those are the names GGG has fought in the last 2 years while he begged small jr middleweight to fight him. Refusing to do what he said he would YEARS ago which was go to 154 or 168 for the better fights.
      This argument of Jr. Middles and single pounds is especially hilarious considering come fight night Canelo weighs just as much if not more than GGG.

So something I've learned about you, you're a big fan of making money and one's ability to cut weight. Under those guises, you are correct, Canelo can do what he wants and is winning the battle against GGG.

Comment

Calling him the middleweight champ is like saying he's the tallest midget.
        Actually, that's more like what people say about calling Smith a champion at 154.

Comment

Tons of alltime greats when they were stuck in a terrible division with no elite fighters moved the F out up or down to fight better fights.
          Hopkins didn't leave 160 until he lost to Taylor twice.

If Canelo wants Golovkin out of 160, maybe he should try doing what Taylor did.

But then, Cotto's already shown he's not DLH or Trinidad when it comes to 160, so it's to much to ask him to be Taylor, either.
          Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 06-24-2016, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• At least it's a world champion. We have yet to see if Canelo can even make the weight again.

Either way, Mexicans are still going to support him no matter what. He carries the same flag.

Comment

• On a side note, in all honesty I think if Canelo could, he would fight GGG tonight..but its Golden Boy..they just want to make money..but this is getting old man..win or loose a fight againts GGG would make big money. And I think it would be a great fight. GGG has more fire power, but Canelo has a decent chin and keeps getting better.

Comment

• Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                On a side note, in all honesty I think if Canelo could, he would fight GGG tonight..but its Golden Boy..they just want to make money..but this is getting old man..win or loose a fight againts GGG would make big money. And I think it would be a great fight. GGG has more fire power, but Canelo has a decent chin and keeps getting better.
                True, and I do honestly think the whole Canelo inviting GGG into the ring may have been him going AWOL on Oscar again as he did with Trout and Lara. I highly doubt Oscar was 100% on board with Canelo saying he would fight GGG at 160 'tomorrow'.

I think Canelo used to be quite respectable (and we do see shades of that as noted above) but unfortunately the 'business' side of boxing is beginning to turn him.

It's just sad to me that we have so-called fans of this sport that would rather pick sides and look out for a fighter's pocketbook then see the best fights get made.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ_Quaaludes View Post
                  This argument of Jr. Middles and single pounds is especially hilarious considering come fight night Canelo weighs just as much if not more than GGG.

So something I've learned about you, you're a big fan of making money and one's ability to cut weight. Under those guises, you are correct, Canelo can do what he wants and is winning the battle against GGG.
                  Ok so now we are going by bogus unofficial fight night weights that we either don't know or are completely inaccurate to determine what weight class a fighter should be at? Funny I can go up and down in weight and point to dozens of fighters who rehydrate as much if not more then Canelo yet nobody says this garbage. Maidana when he fought Floyd on the same unofficial weight scales for Showtime weighed 1 single pound less then Canelo did against Floyd. So is Maidana a mother fuking Middleweight and should fight GGG too? Or is he just a welterweight who adds a lot of water weight on fight night? If you make weight I could care less what you think he weighs on fight night. He's never fought higher then 155 and never fought a 160lb fighter. And clearly he can still make 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                    Actually, that's more like what people say about calling Smith a champion at 154.
                    Exactly the difference is nobody is hyping up Smith! You instead are hyping up GGG for grabbing the same type of fraud paper belts that Smith has.

Comment

Exactly the difference is nobody is hyping up Smith! You instead are hyping up GGG for grabbing the same type of fraud paper belts that Smith has.
                      You've spent this entire thread celebrating Canelo going down and fighting this guy....and the only reason you can come up with is it'll shut talk of Golovkin.

But it'll do the opposite, because Canelo looks even worse in the public's eye.

Comment

Working...
                      X