Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Liam Smith Finalized at 154, 9/17 on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
    I love how you're trying to equate staying at the same weight (Golovkin) to moving down in weight (Canelo).

Golovkin is where he was when the Ward talk happened.

Canelo's the one who's now moving down in weight.

Only good thing about this fight is it'll be at 154 instead of a BS catchweight.
    One pound down or 5 pounds up. Which is more logical?

Comment

• So as a mw he avoided the best mw and now going back to jmw, he's gonna fight the weakest champion of the bunch. True Mexican warrior.

Comment

• It is a disgrace that this fight is on PPV. Liam Smith cannot attract a PPV audience in England, let alone the U.S. Alvarez has proven that he is not a PPV attraction on his own. I will never again watch a Canelo Alvarez fight, whether it is a replay of a PPV or a live fight on World Championship Boxing.

Comment

• Lol PPV

If this isn't Canelo's worst PPV I'd be surprised.

And while I'm a fan of Canelo and GGG I'm rooting for this whole thing to go down in flames. Hoping Eubank and Liam both win.

Comment

• He beat lara,trout and cotto and is the biggest star so he can fight whoever he wants for the rest of his A side career.
            I doubt the mexican public will support this trash. Especially with guys like chavez sr, morales and marquez disliking it

Comment

• Like everyone else, I wanted to see Canelo-GGG

but Canelo vs Charlos/Andrade sounds pretty good.

GGG-Eubank Jr sounds nice too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Youre a promoter - who do you fight? some guy that fights every two years or a undefeated champion that will position you to win another world title and unify? ok then.
                Aaaaand herein lies your problem. Why are we, as FANS of boxing, to be thinking like a PROMOTER?

As a fan, I'd much rather see Canelo/Andrade than Canelo/Smith. And I'd ratehr have Canelo/GGG then Canelo/Andrade.

You'd honestly rather watch Canelo/Smith?

It's not that we 'don't get' why Canelo chose Smith. We get it, doesn't mean we have to like or approve of it.

Comment

• Nothing about either if these 2 gains my attention...bad match up...

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    I am interested in how Smith handles this, hopefully better than his brother Paul did against Ward.
                    Paul Smith was retired already and looked like this:

Comment

• Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                      Great fight ! the king is back at 154!
                      War Canelo!!!!!!
                      Oh dear, dear.....................

Comment

Working...
                      X