Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Warns: Stop Protecting Your Record Like Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman Warns: Stop Protecting Your Record Like Mayweather!

New York, NY - It seems like the fight between Keith Thurman (26-0, 22KOs) and Shawn Porter (26-2, 16KOs) has been set for almost a year or so. The fight was originally scheduled to take place in March is now taking place tomorrow. Thurman knows what lies ahead of him, a path to greatness.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If his gas tank holds up, he wins this fight. But if he's not ready for 15 rounds, Porters body work will expose that in him.

Comment

I agree with Thurman. But he has to make sure he doesn't go into hiding whenever he loses for the first time.

Some guys take the losses harder than even they may think. Especially if by KO.

Comment

preach. but at the end of the day, even thought the fighters are willing to fight, are they willing to accept the payday. thats the key. if they get low balled they refuse the fight not cause of the competition aspect of it, but the compensation.
        i agree real fight fans dont care if a fighters loses as long as he loses to a greater fighter with an exciting fight. i dont know how many times i seen a fight and the loser gained more respect for me and made me a fan in a losing effort. a fighters stock can rise with a lose.

Comment

Didn't this guy turn down Spence but accept the likes of Collazo and Guerrero? Some might see that as some pretty solid '0' protection.

Comment

I don'tlike Thurman anymore. He talks about his "legacy" What of 20 fights? He hogs the mic and acts like he is the heir apparent. We DON"T KNOW how good he is but I bet one thing for sure: Errol Spence Jr kicks his ass well.

Comment

I'm not a huge Floyd fan but how can people say he protected his record. The guy fought Cotto, Marquez, Pacquiao, Canelo, Corrales, De La Hoya, Mosley, Judah, and the list goes on and on and on. Yeah fair enough some of them weren't prime, but it's logistically impossible to get everyone in their primes due to timing, popularity/business and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Didn't this guy turn down Spence but accept the likes of Collazo and Guerrero? Some might see that as some pretty solid '0' protection.
                Yea he IS part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  I'm not a huge Floyd fan but how can people say he protected his record. The guy fought Cotto, Marquez, Pacquiao, Canelo, Corrales, De La Hoya, Mosley, Judah, and the list goes on and on and on. Yeah fair enough some of them weren't prime, but it's logistically impossible to get everyone in their primes due to timing, popularity/business and age.
                  Floyd has been cherry picking since Oscar (11 years) and has always been looking for an advantage.

Sure Floyd had a nice career, he took risks, but not enough regarding his pedigree.

He fought a young Alvarez at 152, Marquez was a joke fight, a blown up featherweight.

Comment

Thurman trying to incite Mayweather into a fight with him so bad lol. If you wanna get Floyd's attention and hope to land a fight with him, then start whooping ass and making a name for yourself on your own, and that includes not ducking another young undefeated fighter calling you out like Errol Spence. ***.

Comment

Working...
                    X