Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Warns: Stop Protecting Your Record Like Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who don't know or get how Floyd protected his zero first move to Vegas pal around with all the ref and judges,set up your home with a room of PED masking. Fight has beens who are hall of famers like Mosley, Delahoya, and Pacquaio. Accuse others of steroids while you do them this worked in his favor against Mosley and Pacquaio since Mosley always juiced this made him come in clean while you were all juiced up. On Pacquaio this made him not use guys like Ariza or Memo than you hire them. By paling around with judges and refs these close fights Madaina and Castillo which 80% of the Public thought he lost he got the win. By having a judge as a friend the rules didn't apply to you so you can elbow and hold all night without getting point deductions or disqualifications which should have happened in the Judah fight cause the rules state if your corner man enters the ring you are disqualified hell Roger even had a choke hold on Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      I'm not a huge Floyd fan but how can people say he protected his record. The guy fought Cotto, Marquez, Pacquiao, Canelo, Corrales, De La Hoya, Mosley, Judah, and the list goes on and on and on. Yeah fair enough some of them weren't prime, but it's logistically impossible to get everyone in their primes due to timing, popularity/business and age.
      Not taking anything away from Floyd because I could honestly entertain that the man is TBE but part of a reason I entertain that thought is because he had a very well managed career. Take that how ever you perceive it to be.

As for the article, IMO Al Haymon is trying to make all his fighters into the next Floyd Money Mayweather but all of his fighters are just the watered down/poor mans version of him. Thurman may want to be great but when BIG $$$ is being waved in your face to fight Luis Collazo, well you are going to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        I'm not a huge Floyd fan but how can people say he protected his record. The guy fought Cotto, Marquez, Pacquiao, Canelo, Corrales, De La Hoya, Mosley, Judah, and the list goes on and on and on. Yeah fair enough some of them weren't prime, but it's logistically impossible to get everyone in their primes due to timing, popularity/business and age.
        Look at who he fought in his last fight along with Sharmba Mitchell he has picked some **** fight

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          Floyd has been cherry picking since Oscar (11 years) and has always been looking for an advantage.

Sure Floyd had a nice career, he took risks, but not enough regarding his pedigree.

He fought a young Alvarez at 152, Marquez was a joke fight, a blown up featherweight.
          I can't take this post seriously because you don't even know how to count. The Oscar fight happened in 2007 which is 9 years ago, not 11. Floyd was 36 and semi active when he fought a YOUNG Canelo. Floyd himself was an old man. And 22/23 is not that young for a boxer. That what used to be considered prime age for a boxer but suddenly with this new generation it's considered "young." Ali was 22 when he Ko'd Liston to become champion, Tyson was 22 when he KO'd Spinks. People need to stop babying Canelo and just admit he got beat by a superior boxer.

Comment

Bread for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Didn't this guy turn down Spence but accept the likes of Collazo and Guerrero? Some might see that as some pretty solid '0' protection.
              The Collazo and Guerrero fights were BS (i never want to see either of those guys in a big fight) but a Thurman-Spencer fight makes zero sense especially when it was being talked about.

Spence literally just had his first fight against a top level fighter and a feather fisted one at that. Thurman had also barely just broken through. A win means little for either and loss would be a huge setback.

A Thurman-Spence fight is a perfect example of a fight that SHOULD be marinated for a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                Look at who he fought in his last fight along with Sharmba Mitchell he has picked some **** fight
                No doubt, but then who hasn't picked some weak opposition?

Comment

but but but who have you faced lmfao? till you put a string of figths together its jsut talk the best figther on your record is robert the ghost guerrero who you ran from in the champsionship rounds yea the bloated lightweight that robert guerrero.

Dude talks like he has a murderous row resume when he is one of "THESE" fighters who have benefited and built is career of gimmie fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    I can't take this post seriously because you don't even know how to count. The Oscar fight happened in 2007 which is 9 years ago, not 11. Floyd was 36 and semi active when he fought a YOUNG Canelo. Floyd himself was an old man. And 22/23 is not that young for a boxer. That what used to be considered prime age for a boxer but suddenly with this new generation it's considered "young." Ali was 22 when he Ko'd Liston to become champion, Tyson was 22 when he KO'd Spinks. People need to stop babying Canelo and just admit he got beat by a superior boxer.
                    Don't be so harsh and butthurt because I dare critisize your heroe.

I thought the fight was in 2005, my mistake.

Yet, if you're superior, why asking for a catchweight?

So he has been ducking 9 years sorry.

He stopped to take risks sport wise (stepping in the ring is always a risk), he wanted no part of the risky fights at 147, ducked Margo, ignored P Will but fought Baldomir and Fatton then retired.

Came back when the division was cold, the division is hot again and dude is retiring.

He took some hard fights in Cotto, DLH and Pacquiao because they were money fights.
                    And yet, Pacqquiao was quite worn out by Margo and JMM.

The rest for the whole last 12 years has been as the whole thing disappointing and average.

Floyd has obviously been protecting his 0 avoiding waters where he could lose.

Agree to disagree bro, I respect a lot FMJ, he's an outstanding athlete but, he has been protecting his ass, not even blaming him...

Comment

i think spence can give thurman lots of trouble. especially body punching.
                      but spence does get hit, and thurman has good pop. would be an interesting matchup.

Comment

Working...
                      X