Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain Brexit and it's effect on Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I think I got it backwards? How is Joshua making less money?

It won't affect boxing so much. The problem is, euro fighters will now have to get a visa to come to Britain and vice verse.

And with the pound dropping, £1 will = more dollars, however it will not affect either AJ or Brazil.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        If England were allowed to vote on Scotland being part of the UK i'm sure we would be saying bye to them too.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Very realistic possibility, especially as Scotland has been very anti-English dominance. They did have their referendum some years ago, I suspect a new one will be asked for soon and they will seek independent admission to the EU. I think it's probably likely that Wales or NI or both will join, or that NI unites with Ireland.
          Was of the impression that Ireland and Northern Ireland had serious political arguments (beyond even just the Catholics versus Protestants thing) that still needed to be worked through.

Looking at the vote breakdown this morning, it'd seem as if Scotland and Northern Ireland were the only parties outside of Britain that wanted to stay in Europe (the Welsh seemed to have voted with most of Britain, with London being the exception).

Scotland on it's own (with the Scots looking for EU admission), a unified Ireland (other political differences aside, the unification would allow for the Northern Irish to stay), and Britain/Wales still in the United Kingdom.

Comment

I'm so damn proud of the Brits. Congrats guys, welcome back to Freedomtown.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Check this out. How is Breazeale more expensive? I thought he lost money?

Looks like his contract was in USD. So, they would need to spend more GBP to get back to that USD amount. Brazzealle's amount stays the same. Looks like Hearn has to cover the difference.
              Last edited by El-blanco; 06-24-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Brits fighting abroad will earn more for the next 2 weeks.

The hysteria will be over by then and everything will have recovered.

2 years to get new deals in place, everyone wants them done and I mean everyone and quickly.

Comment

Britain will more than likely have a recession which will result in less money being available to stage fights as the average punter wont be spending as much on seats/PPV, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                    Britain will more than likely have a recession which will result in less money being available to stage fights as the average punter wont be spending as much on seats/PPV, etc
                    Actually recovery in the pound and the markets here was pretty quick.

The drop by close wasn't too bad.

Pound to the Euro was actually up on what it was for the Martin fight.

All scary bull poo.

Comment

Markets finished up 2% on last week.

Comment

Working...
                      X