Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion is the Vargas vs. Brook winner the best WW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
    Like that's going to happen.
    a mexican taking out a touted UK champ / favorite - nah, never

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
      No, Vargas has clearly improved but I don't think he should really be in the conversation. He is more of a top 8 Welter in my opinion. Brook may be the best but I think he would need another big win to prove it.
      So if Vargas KO's Brook you wouldnt say hes the best? Or if Brook KO's Vargas he would automatically be #1? Not arguing just wondering,

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        So if Vargas KO's Brook you wouldnt say hes the best? Or if Brook KO's Vargas he would automatically be #1? Not arguing just wondering,
        while danny has that sexy green WBC belt no one can be number 1 without that being sorted.

kell is good, but he's nothing special. bradley on a good night can get him and vargas is on a mission and we also know DSG's penchant for not losing.

also probably the biggest threat to 'um all, errol.
        Last edited by baya; 06-23-2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          I already think Brook is the top WW, so yes after he beats Jessie, he will still be number one in my book.
          You need a new book.

Brook has yet to beat Spence and Thurman...

You cant call a mofo the best WW until he beats them ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
            KB is already the best WW out there. Beats them all.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              while danny has that sexy green WBC belt no one can be number 1 without that being sorted.

kell is good, but he's nothing special. bradley on a good night can get him and vargas is on a mission and we also know DSG's penchant for not losing.

also probably the biggest threat to 'um all, errol.
              I feel u man. I personally think Bradley is the best but id like to see him get a shot at a belt at 154, hopefully he wins, then retires. A belt in another division will cement a 1st ballot HOF imo, right now leaving 147 would save himfrom an unjust loss and erase what hes done, win or lose at 154 i dont think hed be crapped on as much.

As for Vargas vs. Brook, I think people are sleeping on Vargas. Hes taller & longer than Brook and has a good 1-2. Last time Brook fought a guy like that, he barely made it. Vargas also has a chin so the guys saying Brooks will ko Vargas are dellusional.

& as for Spence, id like to see him a lil more before i deem him as the next big thing like so many have. Is he good? Yes. Talented? Yes. But theres a lot more to boxing than being athletic. & tbh I really dont see Spence getting a shot anytime soon. The winner of Brook vs. Vargas is looking at DSG & rightfully so. It dont matter what Spences ranking is, they are promoted outside PBC so their promoter will only lead them to whatever makes financial sense & that again is Garcia. No1 could call duck either because unifications>mandatories. Personally i think Spence will either have to move up or settle for like a regular or interim title at 147. Porter may fight him though, I dont think Thurman would.

Comment

Brook is very good. He is certainly one of the best welterweights in the world and maybe the best welterweight. I don't think Vargas is in his class and I would be very surprised if Brook didn't beat Vargas fairly easily. My honest opinion is Spence is the best welterweight in the world. It's not that Spence has beaten anybody that good because he hasn't. I think Spence is the best welterweight in the world because of the speed, skill, punching power and stamina he has shown me so far. I think when and if Spence gets fights with guys like Bradley, Brook, Porter and Thurman he will defeat them. I rate Spence number 1 and Thurman and Brook a tie for number 2 best welterweight in the world. Porter certainly has a chance to beat Thurman but I favor Thurman. If Thurman and Brook both win their fights and then fight each other that might be an even fight. I just think Spence beats them all and I am not trying to get anyone else to agree with me. That's just my honest answer to the question asked by the thread starter.

Comment

I think Spence is the best but that's just my opinion. For any welterweight to be considered the best by everybody Bradley and Garcia must also be dealt with. They both have a claim to being the best. Bradley has never lost to anyone but Pacquiao and he beat Vargas. Garcia is the WBC welterweight champion and has never lost a fight so neither of them can be ignored or skipped over.

Comment

Why or why not? Remember its a unification...
                    In my opinion, the Vargas/Brook winner will instantly become the 4th best welterweight in the world. That is actually a serious insult because only one of the top five welterweights in the world today (since Mayweather and Pacquaio are retired) would have made the top 10 a year ago.

Comment

I feel u man. I personally think Bradley is the best but id like to see him get a shot at a belt at 154, hopefully he wins, then retires. A belt in another division will cement a 1st ballot HOF imo, right now leaving 147 would save himfrom an unjust loss and erase what hes done, win or lose at 154 i dont think hed be crapped on as much.

As for Vargas vs. Brook, I think people are sleeping on Vargas. Hes taller & longer than Brook and has a good 1-2. Last time Brook fought a guy like that, he barely made it. Vargas also has a chin so the guys saying Brooks will ko Vargas are dellusional.

& as for Spence, id like to see him a lil more before i deem him as the next big thing like so many have. Is he good? Yes. Talented? Yes. But theres a lot more to boxing than being athletic. & tbh I really dont see Spence getting a shot anytime soon. The winner of Brook vs. Vargas is looking at DSG & rightfully so. It dont matter what Spences ranking is, they are promoted outside PBC so their promoter will only lead them to whatever makes financial sense & that again is Garcia. No1 could call duck either because unifications>mandatories. Personally i think Spence will either have to move up or settle for like a regular or interim title at 147. Porter may fight him though, I dont think Thurman would.
                      too much comp at 147 for bradley at this stage in his career. he should start cherry-picking like cotto did late in his career but i'm not sure he has that pull to do so.

i'm so pissed at myself that i couldn't make it for ali-vargas, that was right down the street from me my buddy told me there was a good amount of vargas fans cheering him on in the convention center, or was it rfk? anyway, vargas is a dog and his dedication alone will always make whatever fight he's in a good affair.

if there's a flaw in errols game, it's a minimal one because i haven't seen it yet. i've tried to make him out to be the next lacy but can't. he has more crawford in him than lacy. he has good stamina, mixes his punches nice, moves his feet and can KO you with either hand and he looks to have that dog in him, too. i wanna see him and zab in there. the zab that showed up against DSG would be a good test for any WW.

Comment

Working...
                      X