No excitement for Thurman Vs Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    How would Ward and Can'tNelo get paid
    Well Ward would be living off his paychecks vs. Kessler, Froch, and Dawson. Canelo would be living off his paychecks vs. Mayweather and Lara.

Golovkin would be living off... well Golovkin would be dead broke.

Comment

I'm kind of looking more forward to the fight's result, than the actual fight itself. I'll watch it but, i'm not expecting a classic.

But the WW division is a bit grouped up at the minute, ranking-wise, and this fight should help towards clearing things up a little.

Comment

It is like a sine function; there are peaks and minimums, you have to understand that.

You cannot expect always being in the peak.

Suddenly will appear new boxing PPV stars that put the sport in the mainstream media again but I do not care about that.

I just enjoy the sport; there are always good fights.

You are talking like boxing is going to die or something like that; this is never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Then how would GGG get paid?

Comment

I seriously cant remember the last time I actually sat down and watched a whole event or a whole fight for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              Boxing is seriously in the toilet amongst casual fans, I work with about 100 other guys and all I hear talked about is fking UFC 200 or whatever the fk it is in July...not one guy has said a word about the fight Saturday night... If it's not Mayweather or Pacquaio people just don't know or care about it. I don't blame HBO- showtime-PBC for cutting budgets and bad ratings, boxing is just a dead sport and I don't see how anything short of a Tyson type character coming along will change it...

PBC will probably be gone when the money dries up, HBO can't afford to pay for big fights now so everything is going to PPV, showtime lost half its viewers from 2 years ago...Why can't the sport gain any traction with the younger audience? Is it only close to 40 guys like me and older that Keep boxing alive? And of course Mexicans lol...

Why aren't you excited for Thurman-Porter?

As a boxing fan I'm very excited for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                This has nothing to do with anything and you know it. There have rarely ever been many white boxers around, yet a large number of white folk still are big fans of boxing, including myself. Come off it.
                But that was a time when UFC was not in the picture
                Now because of the UFC young fans who should be becoming boxing fans are becoming UFC fans instead, come on just look at the typical UFC fan. They predominately young, white americans.

I bet the amount of boxing fans from eastern europe or former soviet countries have increased also, they support their own.
                White americans are more likely to support fighters in the UFC because theyre supporting their own countrymen. Its normal.

Not saying race is everything because there are so many other variables such as the promotion of sports, the fights theyre willing to make, sport personalities, entertainment etc but it is a significant factor

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  I think Thurman can walk Shawn into something. I can also see Shawn out-working and grinding the heck outta Thurman, but the problem I have with Shawn is that he smothers his own work. I don't have a dog in the race though, just hoping for a good fight. We need these guys to start fighting each other and separating themselves in the welterweight division

Going to a fight party and grilling some kangaroo steaks. If you haven't had kangaroo you gotta try it man
                  Good post.
                  I never had a kangaroo steak. I wouldn't even know where to buy one ha
                  I'm doing the usual get together with lots of beer and some sort of food
                  Let's hope for an exciting card and especially main event

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Well Ward would be living off his paychecks vs. Kessler, Froch, and Dawson. Canelo would be living off his paychecks vs. Mayweather and Lara.

Golovkin would be living off... well Golovkin would be dead broke.
                    Bro GGG has a bigger net worth than both put together. How I have no fawking idea

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Bro GGG has a bigger net worth than both put together. How I have no fawking idea
                      You sound so gay...

Comment

Working...
                      X