Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Amir Khan superior at everything compared to Danny Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am reading many posts about Khan's great courage and willingness to fight anybody. In the 4 years since Garcia KOed Khan he has only had the one dangerous fight with Canelo for which he was extremely well paid. He only had 5 other fights in this time period for an average of 1 fight every 9 months. None of the other 5 fights was against a dangerous fighter who could punch hard. He has been more of a cherry picker overall who rarely fights at all than a fearless warrior who seeks out hard, dangerous opposition.

Comment

My math was off. Khan has averaged one fight every eight months.Courageous Khan can probably get that rematch with Garcia whenever he wants it and would see if he can do any better than he did in their last fight.

Comment

Better at getting KTFO'd. That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
          Besides his glass jaw? This is what I saw someone tweet. What do you think?
          no, he is just faster

Comment

I believe DG is better in every department apart from hand speed.

Khan is basically a 5 round, in and out guy these days.

Most professional fighters improve in their late twenties, Khan has actually regressed.

If he didn't run his mouth for 3 years about Floyd he would never even got the Canelo fight.

He is one step above a Twitter fighter.

Comment

Khan does have very fast hands. His hand speed is faster than Garcia's hand speed. Khan doesn't usually turn much weight into his punches. He often throws a flurry of fast light punches with little power, designed to impress the judges but not to hurt his opponent. He threw some fast but harmless flurries of punches in the Canelo fight giving some the false impression he was winning rounds he didn't win. Canelo outlanded Khan in 5 of 6 rounds and held him even in the other round according to the punch count of the computer box and Canelo landed the much harder punches.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                He looks a lot better at 147.
                100%.

I said from the Matthssye weigh in he should move up. He looked terrible.

I don't know why Angel was so adamant about staying at 140 when it was clear he didn't have an easy time making it and Angel admits now it was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                  agreed, not strong finishes.

zab was on a mission that night, he really wanted that one.
                  That was a weird one. We normally expect Zab to start fast and strong and fade late but that fight was the opposite.

I think that was a great learning fight for Danny, I think he was so far ahead in his mind that he switched off a bit and started to cruise and his lack of experience showed and if Zab has anything it's experience.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-22-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

danny does a lot of things better than khan.

better:
                    timing
                    chin
                    power
                    counterpuncher

khan's just faster, and to the layman that can make it look like he's doing everything better.

if you watch khan - garcia you'll notice danny timing khan quite a bit throughout. brits make it seem like he was gettin whitewashed and that danny landed a lucky punch, but that's just not the case. he looked for that punch, starting in training camp. khan's wide open, and danny has terrific timing with his left hand counter. that was the gameplan.

Comment

Khan starts to fade around round 5/6 then he isn't as fast.

I do want to see a rematch doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X