No announcement yet.

Hunter: Brand wasn't the first choice. Skoglund refused VADA testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Well I guess the next step would be for someone to ask Skoglund or Sauerland. But nobody is even reporting Skoglund turned down the fight due to VADA testing so I doubt they'll even bother to investigate the story. That's a pretty big statement to make by Hunter and if I were Sauerland I'd be out there clearing my fighters name. He's looking like a cheat.
    Yeah. I would expect sauerland to come out as well if this Hunter interview is getting any ink.

I can think of many reasons as to why Skoglund would not fight Ward, but VADA testing sure as hell ain't one of them.

Comment

Ward ducked Shabranskyy and Cleverly too by refusing to pay them decent money

he wanted to fight no-hoper who has never had a single fight at light heavyweight... someone who will fight for low money... age 39 Alexander Brand
      Last edited by Æthelstan; 06-22-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Æthelstan;16805795]

he wanted to fight no-hoper who has never had a single fight at light heavyweight... someone who will fight for low money... age 39 Alexander Brand
        ... "you don't get rich on us", doe...

Comment

Originally posted by Æthelstan View Post

In every other instance people blame HBO's budget for the reason fights aren't being made. For the past year people have been saying Ward can't draw and he isn't a big name.

Why isn't HBO to blame in this scenario?

If Ward isn't a draw how can he afford to pay people more?

And before Ward is called a diva. He gave up some of his purse to make the Rodriguez and Barrera fight happen. He also gave Paul Smith Jr his money back for missing weight. Ward has been more than accomodating to make fights happen.

Comment

Why isn't HBO to blame in this scenario?

If Ward isn't a draw how can he afford to pay people more?
            Ward gets paid $2,000,000 or so for each fight, yet expects his opponents to accept $100,000

the greedy cunt shouldn't demand so much money, so they can afford to pay for better opponents
            Last edited by Æthelstan; 06-22-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Ward gets paid $2,000,000 or more for each fight, yet expects his opponents to accept $100,000

the greedy cunt shouldn't demand so much money, so they can afford to pay for better opponents
              So I claim a fact and you just ignore it and tell a lie. I'm done.

Ward $1.9 mil Rodriguez $1 mil

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...dre-ward-fight

Ward $1.8 mi Barrera $450,000

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/26...barrera-450000

No point in continuing this discussion if you can't even tell the truth.

Comment

So I claim a fact and you just ignore it and tell a lie. I'm done.

Ward $1.9 mil Rodriguez $1 mil

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...dre-ward-fight

Ward $1.8 mi Barrera $450,000

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/26...barrera-450000

No point in continuing this discussion if you can't even tell the truth.
                Rodriguez was YEARS AGO, why bring it up? Ward refused VADA testing for that fight I remember

Ward refused to pay the same $450 he paid to Barrera to Cleverly and Shabranskyy, and was very reluctant to pay for Barrera (JC Penny)

Brand is getting a very small payday, Ward will receive $2 or so as always

Comment

Rodriguez was YEARS AGO, why bring it up? Ward refused VADA testing for that fight I remember

Ward refused to pay the same $450 he paid to Barrera to Cleverly and Shabranskyy, and was very reluctant to pay for Barrera (JC Penny)

Brand is getting a very small payday, Ward will receive $2 or so as always
                  Ok man. Take it easy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    The first choice was yet again another tune up? Jesus!!
                    Lmao. Exactly. Its just pure disgust at this point how people defend this dude. His resume of the last 4 years consists of Rodriguez, Smith, Barrera and now Brand. "He pound for pound best boxer in the world doe".

How?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      I understand to an extent, people/fans expect more from Ward but its not like Ward is a champ fighting a bunch of nobodies. Personally to me as a fan I cant stand for champs to fight nobodies but thats not the case here. Wards actually just a contender right now so he has every right to take a contender route to prepare for the Champ.
                      Its not?

Rodriguez
                      Smith
                      Barrera
                      Brand

Comment

Working...
                      X