No announcement yet.

Junior"Poison"Jones,Kennedy McKinney, Kevin Kelly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior"Poison"Jones,Kennedy McKinney, Kevin Kelly

Why don't they get much talk. These guys were great fighters and all put on great fights in they're time but it's like all anyone remembers is Barrera and Morales.

Kennedy McKinney use to be one of my Fathers clients, he was a very solid fighter

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
      Kennedy McKinney use to be one of my Fathers clients, he was a very solid fighter
      Yea real good fighter,an Olympian if I remember right.

What did you're dad do?

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
        Yea real good fighter,an Olympian if I remember right.

What did you're dad do?
        Financial adviser

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
          Why don't they get much talk. These guys were great fighters and all put on great fights in they're time but it's like all anyone remembers is Barrera and Morales.
          I'm pretty sure a good amount of posters didn't see them fight... Full fights

Those little guys and naz made possible for little guys today to be main events

Can't forget vuyuni bungu, welcome ncita, Zaragoza, wilfredo Vazquez, Orlando canizales Paul banks, etc 118-126 was crazy before the late 90s and they were all retired or shot

122 alone pre Barrera/Morales was in a golden era. Man USA, ESPN, HBO always had good lil man scraps..I was only like 8-10 watching those guys with my uncles

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            I'm pretty sure a good amount of posters didn't see them fight... Full fights

Those little guys and naz made possible for little guys today to be main events

Can't forget vuyuni bungu, welcome ncita, Zaragoza, wilfredo Vazquez, Orlando canizales Paul banks, etc 118-126 was crazy before the late 90s and they were all retired or shot

122 alone pre Barrera/Morales was in a golden era. Man USA, ESPN, HBO always had good lil man scraps..I was only like 8-10 watching those guys with my uncles

They were before my time as a fan but i look at the fights on YouTube and i can't see why these guys are forgotten. You never hear any mention of these guys anywhere.

I'll have to watch some of the guys in that third paragraph. Love watching fights from that era.

Comment

Apples and oranges.

You're comparing guys who held titles, had a few big wins, but whose careers (at least as contenders) were done by 2003 or so, to two legendary fighters who were fighting right up to the end of the 2000s.

Comment

Barrera vs mckinney was on the first hbo boxing after dark.

Comment

Liked all three of them.

Comment

no one ever talks about junior jones because of what he did to the ese vato's.

Comment

Working...
                    X