No announcement yet.

It's good Fonfara lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's good Fonfara lost

I was tired of people mentioning Fonfara as a relevant force in light heavyweight. Now when he's lost, people may be able to focus on the only ones worth focusing on in that weight class: Kovalev, Ward and Stevenson (and Beterbiev too).
    Last edited by TheBoxingXpert; 06-19-2016, 08:06 AM.

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
    I was tired of people mentioning Fonfara as a relevant force in light heavyweight. Now when he's lost, people may be able to focus on the only ones worth focusing on in that weight class: Kovalev, Ward and Stevenson.
    You know Duckingson wanted to rematch Fonfara after this fight so at least he will have to find someone more "credible", whoever that may be. Perhaps Beterbiev? Of course he is set to face this schlub Thomas Williams Jr in July so you know his standards are pretty low.

Comment

It's not good for Fonfora lol. I've always thought Fonfora was a top ten caliber tough sob who fights in a fan friendly style so I've been a fan since I first saw him and still will be. It's unfortunate so many fans throw you on to the "ain't ****" pile cuz you lose or lose a few fights.

Comment

I was tired of people mentioning Fonfara as a relevant force in light heavyweight. Now when he's lost, people may be able to focus on the only ones worth focusing on in that weight class: Kovalev, Ward and Stevenson.
        I have to admit I was a little surprised that he lost in that fashion especially in the first round was a little unexpected to say the least given this was the same fighter who floored stevenson not so long ago.

Comment

fonfara's resume is solid. this loss doesn't erase that

i'm sure this isn't the last we'll see of him

Comment

Reason #12 why boxing is dead. When a fighter loses they call him a bum

Reason #13 why boxing is dead. Fans only consider 2-3 fighters in every division as credible

Comment

I don't think it is, I lost real money on that fight. That shocked the **** and cash out of me.

My girl is now doubting my Kung fu, as I bet against Viktor Postol too.

That's boxing!

Comment

I kinda see the logic, but there are always other guys there to be picked when a champ wants an easy defence. I didn't want to see a Stevenson rematch but the guys AS has fought since their first fight are all worse fighters than Fonfara, who is still borderline top 10 even after this loss.

Comment

The only reason he lost, is because he forgot to thank Al Haymon in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    Reason #12 why boxing is dead. When a fighter loses they call him a bum

Reason #13 why boxing is dead. Fans only consider 2-3 fighters in every division as credible
                    Top level fighters don't lose to part time fighters/construction workers in the first round by KO....

Call him what you want but that just doesn't happen to good fighters unless they're shot....

Comment

Working...
                    X