Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's good Fonfara lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fonfara was almost ko'd in the first against stevenson so its no surprise. he just has no defense. joe smith will prob fight beterbum now and be ko'd in 1 round and people will go nuts.

Comment

The only relevant top fighters at 175lb are Kovalev and Ward

Kovalev because of actual achievements at the weight, Ward because of his former elite p4p status, who seems to be the same fighter still

The rest haven't done anything, lost, or about to face the 4th no hoper in a row

Fonfara losing doesn't change very much, the division is very top heavy with a very solid lower tier at the top

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        The only relevant top fighters at 175lb are Kovalev and Ward

Kovalev because of actual achievements at the weight, Ward because of his former elite p4p status, who seems to be the same fighter still

The rest haven't done anything, lost, or about to face the 4th no hoper in a row

Fonfara losing doesn't change very much, the division is very top heavy with a very solid lower tier at the top
        how can you tell he's the same? he just fought barrera who was a nobody and didn't even look very good. i mean he's used to fighting slow guys like froch so when he fights kovalev i expect him to be ko'd instantly but he was just overrated to begin with. jermain taylor boxed froch just as good as ward before dying in the 12th. is he amazing p4p material?

Comment

I don't think the loss is embarrassing.... Smith may have been part time at some point but wasn't he a promising amateur?

People making it sound like this man laced up the gloves for the first time yesterday.... Yeah he probably worked in construction between fights while other better paid fighters took time off.

Comment

It's not good for Fonfora lol. I've always thought Fonfora was a top ten caliber tough sob who fights in a fan friendly style so I've been a fan since I first saw him and still will be. It's unfortunate so many fans throw you on to the "ain't ****" pile cuz you lose or lose a few fights.
            I felt bad for Fonfara, taking a loss like that in front of friends and family has got to mess with him mentally. Props to him for not making any excuses.

Comment

I enjoy watching Fonfara. I like his fan-friendly style.

His looked decent enough at times against Stevenson, then got a good win over Chavez..and was involved in a great fight against Cleverly.

Last night was a shock and set back no doubt. But there's some decent fights to be made at LHW involving him. Just not the top couple at the top of the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Reason #12 why boxing is dead. When a fighter loses they call him a bum

Reason #13 why boxing is dead. Fans only consider 2-3 fighters in every division as credible
                Reason # 14 why boxing is dead. if those 2-3 fighters in each division are not fighting eachother on every single card somehow the card is a joke.

Comment

Fonfara is not a bad boxer and I don't hate him but I was getting tired of people talking about him like a potential opponent for the big names. I want the big names to fight each other, not Fonfara.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                    Fonfara is not a bad boxer and I don't hate him but I was getting tired of people talking about him like a potential opponent for the big names. I want the big names to fight each other, not Fonfara.
                    Fonfara is a warrior, and is still one of the top dogs in the division. I'll root for him over the likes of Stevenson all day every day.

Comment

Fonfara is still a solid fighter and a rematch should be on.

Comment

Working...
                      X