Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume - Danny Garcia or Saul Canelo Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    That's a lie Canelo has beaten more world champs and higher ranked fighters so how the hell are danny's opponents more dangerous when damn near all were coming off losses or a series of bad losses before he faced them? So because Canelo stepped up and fought the best fighter of the last 30 years and Danny went and fought Salka instead that means Danny is better? Newsflash if Danny fought Floyd after Matthyssee like everyone wanted he would of lost and got schooled just like anyone who has ever faced Floyd. By that stupid logic then because Marquez lost to Floyd that means that Danny is better then Marquez? Marquez fought and beat better fighters that's why he is better then Danny and so is Canelo. As for fighting smaller fighters what do you call Salka, Morales, and a host of others? Danny outgrew 140 3 years ago and has yet to fight 1 top ranked or full fledged career WW.
    can you read..i said dangerous not numerically more....

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Except no one has said that Garcia has a better win than Fury.

Why don't you respond in your own thread, clown?
      This clown is dumb as fuck. Blatantly can't grasp the simplest of concepts.

On topic, Canelo for me I'd guess. He has beaten better quality opposition.

Comment

A look at Danny's opponents before he fought them
        Morales - 5 years earlier lost 4 fights in a row and 5 out of out 6 and retired for almost 3 years. Came back fat and bloated 2-3 weight classes above his featherweight glory days and mysteriously got a vacant title shot he didn't earn against Danny when just about nobody had Morales in their top 10 rankings at 140. He was 7 years removed from the last time he held a world title at any weight.

Holt - decent fighter but after his loss to Bradley and and then immediately after a embarrassing loss to Mabuza (a flat out bum) 2 years earlier he was NO long a top fighter at 140 by the time Danny beat him and washed up.

Judah - Seriously washed up. he was old and long washed up 2 years earlier when Khan beat him and has fought only once since the danny fight. And Danny struggled in this fight if you remember.

Khan - Already knocked out at 135 and coming off a loss at 140 where he was roughed up and held and pushed to survive being knocked out. He was still a top ranked fighter but major cracks were showing. But this is a legit win Khan was a top ranked 140lb at the time.

Matthyssee - Never won a title at any weight already outboxed by a old Judah and Alexander(in fairness I thought he won this fight) and was totally overhyped by his win over Peterson. Before and since Matthyssee is more known for his losses then his wins and has literally lost to every good fighter he has faced. He was a top ranked 140lb at the time.

Herrera - expected to be a cherry pick and easy showcase fight staged in PR to boost his fanbase in the island. Herrera coming off losses to Mayfield and Alvardo. Instead it backfired he got busted up and embarrassed lost on just about everyone who is not bias and got booed in PR. Refused to give Herrera a rematch saying he was moving up to Welterweight instead. But instead he fought probably the most disrespectful fight in boxing history a cherry pick to regain his confidence after Herrera schooling against Salka who was not even a top 50 ranked lightweight.

That's Danny's run at 140. He didn't fight Bradley or Alexander who were the best fighters at 140. He won a vacant belt and defended it only 5 times one of which was against Morales. He was the best 140 by default because he beat Khan and Bradley/Alexander moved up to 147 for bigger fights and money. And Matthyssee might go down in history as the most overrated hype job. People are seriously overrating his career at 140. Canelo fought and beat much better fighters that's just a fact. His opponents won more world titles, have HOF credentials, and were higher ranked at the time he fought them for a reason. Again you take away Matthyssee and name me the fighters Danny fought that either wasn't coming off a loss or wasn't considered washed up?
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-17-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Canelo by an absolute mile
          Khan and Mythses dont compare to Lara, Cotto and Trout

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            This clown is dumb as fuck. Blatantly can't grasp the simplest of concepts.

On topic, Canelo for me I'd guess. He has beaten better quality opposition.
            Mind boggling mate, honestly. What's worse is the guy thinks he's smart

As for the thread topic, yeah I wouldn't disagree with you.

Canelo has the best win in Cotto, and good solid wins in Lara, Trout, Angulo and Kirkland. I felt he beat both Trout and Lara but both were very close.

Danny has very good wins over Khan and Matthysse, both fights he was big underdog in. Canelo's never been an underdog for any of his wins if I'm not mistaken.

Then Danny's got solid wins like Peterson (close), Herrera (very close), Judah, a few others.

Can't go wrong with either really. It's close.

Comment

canelo Floyd and cotto wins its for him

Comment

It's Canelo for me.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  .....have a coke and a smile..losses matter and affect you resume, cant sit and act like a fight didnt happen

its close, I picked danny, not that deep

Canelo fought a lot of guys that were undersized.

how can you bring up rod salsa and not acknowledge Canelo won his belt at 150, vs an unranked opponent never was at 147-154....Matthew hatton...and defended it against no hopers like josesito lopez, alphonso friggin gomez, and a washed up cintron

canelo isnt fighting killers back to back

dude

this fool made up his own divison, wont fight at 160 and created his own divison

It's so encouraging to see poster's who actually know what they are talking about especially with a non biased perspective.

Kudos to you sir.

Comment

I want to say Alvarez. I think Lara and Cotto are better wins than any Garcia has, but are they so much better that they make up for the greater depth Garcia has?

Tough question. I think I'll say Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                      It's so encouraging to see poster's who actually know what they are talking about especially with a non biased perspective.

Kudos to you sir.
                      this board has hit the ****ter the past few years....most the so called fans are just damage control for the 3-4 fighters they like and dont even bother watching other fighters.

I like Canelo but Im realistic about his career

Comment

Working...
                      X