No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Mora postponed, off July 30th card. To fight Aug or Sept

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
    What makes you guys think Jacobs is doing this to avoid GGG?
    Because he hasn't stepped up and said "You know what, with everyone scared of this guy, it's pathetic, I'll fight him next". He just keeps saying IF THE MONEY IS RIGHT, it's a fight that he would consider. Then goes on to rematch Mora, a no-hoper that he destroyed in 2 rounds the first time.

I personally like Jacobs and thought, hoped, that he would be one of the few guys to take on a real challenge, just like Lemieux did. When he lost, did anyone really think less of him (not counting the guys that crap on everyone GGG faces)? Lemieux destroyed Tapia in his very next outing.

These guys are all afraid of losing when in the end, if you are a man, you face the best, and you give it your all, no one is going to think less of you. In fact, they will respect you for being willing to sacrifice your record to give the fans a great show.

The fact that guys are ducking right and left is a big part of what is driving this sport down.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
      GGG can't keep Jacobs belt if he wins the fight , but Jacorbs can walk about with 3 new belts.... Team Jacobs should be pushing for the unification
      EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprised that more posters haven't mentioned this. Jacobs has all the incentive in the world to want the GGG fight.

Comment

GGG/Canelo is off until 2017. GGG is negotiating with Eubank Jr. I'm pretty sure GGG Jacobs can now be made. But wait... wasn't there a thread recently where Jacobs said GGG was the best and would only fight him for lottery money?

It's been a few days but I think the point of my post was that GGG and Jacobs can move independently of each other. Jacobs doesn't have to plan every step of his career around GGG and vice versa.

GGG was clearly chasing Canelo at the time, which was perfectly understandable. The tone of the thread seemed to suggest that every boxer at 160lb should be waiting by the phone for a call from GGG's camp.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMORENO View Post
          I'm not interested in jacobs vs mora either
          Neither is Jacobs lol

Comment

Because he hasn't stepped up and said "You know what, with everyone scared of this guy, it's pathetic, I'll fight him next". He just keeps saying IF THE MONEY IS RIGHT, it's a fight that he would consider. Then goes on to rematch Mora, a no-hoper that he destroyed in 2 rounds the first time.

I personally like Jacobs and thought, hoped, that he would be one of the few guys to take on a real challenge, just like Lemieux did. When he lost, did anyone really think less of him (not counting the guys that crap on everyone GGG faces)? Lemieux destroyed Tapia in his very next outing.

These guys are all afraid of losing when in the end, if you are a man, you face the best, and you give it your all, no one is going to think less of you. In fact, they will respect you for being willing to sacrifice your record to give the fans a great show.

The fact that guys are ducking right and left is a big part of what is driving this sport down.
            I agree with you overall, stars need to fight each other. Has Jacobs declined an offer from GGG ("A" side) or something? Still trying to figure out why people are calling him a duck so soon.

Comment

Working...
            X