No announcement yet.

"Wlad got old overnight" putting this BS to bed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    Wlad fights extremely cautious post-sanders, Brewster. It took him 12 rounds to throw a meaningful shot versus Jennings ffs. I can't see wlad doing anything different even if he had fought Fury in 2007. The video evidence is there. When he faces a threat, his output is pathetic. Fury was able to do a bit more and that was enough.

I have no idea why such a terrible fight gets so much attention. It was easily one of the worst championship fights in history. It makes Lewis-Akinwande look like a classic.
    Lewis Akindwande was miles worse. And so was plenty of Wlad fights incl Povetkin, Haye and Ibragimov.

Comment

Fury's style made Wlad look bad. I'd still favour Wlad over 99% of other Heavyweights. However Wlad had a lot of personal problems leading up to the fight so I'm curious to see how the second fight will go. I was one of few to pick Fury and I doubled my points by betting on him. Many posters called me crazy but you know...I got my congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
        Fury's style made Wlad look bad. I'd still favour Wlad over 99% of other Heavyweights. However Wlad had a lot of personal problems leading up to the fight so I'm curious to see how the second fight will go. I was one of few to pick Fury and I doubled my points by betting on him. Many posters called me crazy but you know...I got my congrats
        Hayden just checked into rehab pretty much exactly the same time before this fight as the other fight. Will be interesting to see if it has any affect.

Personally I believe it's total BS, but will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          So you don't agree that Wlad didn't commit and didn't pull the trigger in 2008 against Ibragimov?

Then what exactly did he do?
          I said he's been old for a while but I wouldn't go as far back as 2008 just because he barely threw against Ibragimov no more than I would say Roy Jones was old in 1996 because he barely threw against Montell Griffin the first time.

Klitschko (like Jones) has always been sorta gunshy (in Wlad's case, since the KO losses) but I thought I saw the first signs of age against Povetkin.

Comment

Germany passed a law in late 2014 making PED use punishable a criminal offense.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I said he's been old for a while but I wouldn't go as far back as 2008 just because he barely threw against Ibragimov no more than I would say Roy Jones was old in 1996 because he barely threw against Montell Griffin the first time.

Klitschko (like Jones) has always been sorta gunshy (in Wlad's case, since the KO losses) but I thought I saw the first signs of age against Povetkin.
              I agree with the last comment. The Povetkin fight definitely also showed to me that he was getting older. Feet were a lot slower. I would say that his speed of foot looked better in the Fury fight than in the Povetkin fight.

There's absolutely no question that Wlad isn't in his prime and hasn't been for a couple of years.

But him being gunshy and not pulling the trigger has been a regular occurrence throughout his career - That's the point of this thread. That his low punch output is not a direct result of him just getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Germany passed a law in late 2014 making PED use punishable a criminal offense.
                There's definitely also something to this. Didn't they also have drug testing for the povetkin and jennings fight?

Mind you this is a guy who demanded drug testing for Pulev, yet didn't do it himself before after the fight.

Shady.

Comment

I agree with the last comment. The Povetkin fight definitely also showed to me that he was getting older. Feet were a lot slower. I would say that his speed of foot looked better in the Fury fight than in the Povetkin fight.

There's absolutely no question that Wlad isn't in his prime and hasn't been for a couple of years.

But him being gunshy and not pulling the trigger has been a regular occurrence throughout his career - That's the point of this thread. That his low punch output is not a direct result of him just getting old.
                  Yeah I don't disagree with the thread's premise. He certainly didn't get old overnight. He's been old.

Comment

There's definitely also something to this. Didn't they also have drug testing for the povetkin and jennings fight?

Mind you this is a guy who demanded drug testing for Pulev, yet didn't do it himself before after the fight.

Shady.
                    Not sure about the Jennings fight. I know after that law was passed he choose to return to America to fight his very next fight. The Povetkin fight there was testing after arguing over testing and who would do the testing. Wlad's whole career has been a ****show when it comes to testing.

Comment

Just saw the fight again, my God Jonathon banks was giving some absolutely atrocious advice in the corner.

Comment

Working...
                      X