Thurman vs porter sparring footage from 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    I shouldn't have said In The Pocket but he is better when he does THIS:

Standing on his punches, circling and using that quick jab! Instead of bouncing up and down and skipping backwards. His criticism is kinda laughable because he has shown he can win different ways so I really have no problem with Thurman fighting off of his backfoot, I'm just saying I like him better when he stand on his punches but he is not a bad backfoot fighter at all, he has good timing

Yeah fair enough, in the example you've given, Chaves isn't applying any real pressure, so he has more time to think and doesn't have to move as much and therefore can sit down on his punches more.

But against pressure fighters who are looking to get inside him, he will always move because he can't fight in the pocket at all and doesn't clinch, so the only way he can get out of harm's way is by moving.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Yeah fair enough, in the example you've given, Chaves isn't applying any real pressure, so he has more time to think and doesn't have to move as much and therefore can sit down on his punches more.

But against pressure fighters who are looking to get inside him, he will always move because he can't fight in the pocket at all and doesn't clinch, so the only way he can get out of harm's way is by moving.
      Would like to see him add a inside game though, he said he actually does have one he just haven't showed it yet well he might need it vs Porter. While he is a good backfoot fighter the trouble he will run into and it could be vs Porter...What happens when you fight a Athletic pressure fighter whom he cannot keep enough spacing to get off with his punches? He will need a inside game!

I think Porter is more dangerous when he has spacing and can come charging forward like this:
      Last edited by sicko; 06-13-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Would like to see him add a inside game though, he said he actually does have one he just haven't showed it yet well he might need it vs Porter. While he is a good backfoot fighter the trouble he will run into and it could be vs Porter...What happens when you fight a Athletic pressure fighter whom he cannot keep enough spacing to get off with his punches? He will need a inside game!
        Yeah it's definitely a weakness in his game

Luckily Porter isn't very accurate on the inside, he throws in volume but not much of it lands cleanly. Against somebody like Spence though Thurman could have big problems.

Comment

Porter is gonna get knocked out...Mark my words....he will be relentless and walk into something. Thurman wont let him off the hook because a win in style is too important at this stage. Porter is too limited a fighter to beat someone like Thurman, Brook, or even Errol Spence who imo is really a prospect on the cusp on true contender.

Porter's dad is digging him a hole that he cant pull Shawn out of.

Trainers like Sanchez and Porter make you want to see their fighter get their head knocked off because they act like they are some know it all guru but both only have one good fighter on the world stage and neither Porter nor GGG are exactly fighting a whose who of the best fighters at or near their weight.

Im glad birmingham and others let their fighters do the talking.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            @ 13:19 'Runtime' replaces ' Onetime ' Hilarious he really ran!!!
            he really did

Comment

I don't know what's funnier Keith getting on his bike and defending it or at the end of the video Keith admitting his dog messed up his eye after a thread was made about him trying to get attacked by his pit...

SN: Keith eye is nasty I don't see his team letting him fight his biggest fight like that, we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
                I don't know what's funnier Keith getting on his bike and defending it or at the end of the video Keith admitting his dog messed up his eye after a thread was made about him trying to get attacked by his pit...

SN: Keith eye is nasty I don't see his team letting him fight his biggest fight like that, we'll see
                that's the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  that's the first thing that came to my mind as well.
                  LMAO can't wait to see how this ****ery unfolds

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post

lol no way keith can postpone the fight again

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                      lol no way keith can postpone the fight again
                      I was never convinced that Keith was ever gonna lace em vs a live body, so we'll see...

According to him the eye stop him from sparring, well he just started sparring after the whiplash thing like a week or two back....He's positioning for a duck or a excuse, what's his motivations for releasing this video now....Duck time is positioning for something, pay attention

Comment

Working...
                      X