No announcement yet.

National anthems in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National anthems in boxing

Yes, naturally everyone loves to hear God Save the Queen, however, these Eastern block anthems are just terrible!

I actually don't mind the American national anthem, but then that's because it was written by the British (no surprise). Even today 40% of music sales are by British artists. Just another example of how we utterly OWN everything.

God I LOVE how we boo'ed America in the Hatton / Mayweather fight. A moment of pure joy for the world.

On a serious note tho, God Save the Queen is EASILY the best anthem in the world. FACT.

I'm English and God Save The Queen is a terrible anthem. It's a complete drone. No wonder we never win any football tournaments, that anthem puts the players in a depressed mood before they kick off.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      I'm English and God Save The Queen is a terrible anthem. It's a complete drone. No wonder we never win any football tournaments, that anthem puts the players in a depressed mood before they kick off.
      Oh is that why you just PM'ed me agreeing with me about it? Please don't lie to the public, you sound American.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
        Yes, naturally everyone loves to hear God Save the Queen, however, these Eastern block anthems are just terrible!

I actually don't mind the American national anthem, but then that's because it was written by the British (no surprise). Even today 40% of music sales are by British artists. Just another example of how we utterly OWN everything.

God I LOVE how we boo'ed America in the Hatton / Mayweather fight. A moment of pure joy for the world.

On a serious note tho, God Save the Queen is EASILY the best anthem in the world. FACT.
        You know what part I loved about that fight? I think you can guess the answer......and I think its hilarious that you Brits sing with a American Accent....I dont blame them really that sound makes my ears bleed.

Comment

Comment

I hate all the anthems. I think they slow down the pace of the show & are outdated, unneeded bs that adds little to nothing to the fight/event. Everyone who gives a **** about the nationality of a fighter doesn't need to hear these ****ty ass anthems. Or anthems need a Kanye beat to them or something to at least make them listenable & more modern/uptempo.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I hate all the anthems. I think they slow down the pace of the show & are outdated, unneeded bs that adds little to nothing to the fight/event. Everyone who gives a **** about the nationality of a fighter doesn't need to hear these ****ty ass anthems. Or anthems need a Kanye beat to them or something to at least make them listenable & more modern/uptempo.
                David haye displayed our wonderful anthem at his non title bout recently, what a magnificent show and spectacle making us all proud, how dare you try and insinuate it's bad / wrong sir.

I'll tell you what's bad and wrong.
                kanye west and his god awful pop music beats with his f@ggy auto tune vocals.
                I mean the man represents everything awful about the U.S,(universally schit)country.... releases a few decent beats at the start of his career and then releases total turd for a decade all in the while telling everyone how he's god's gift to music / the world's best rock star while having people finger his pooper.

how DARE you.

Comment

Brits are envious of the US, we all know that. They try to say we're the best thing they gave the world yet act like they're better than us.

BTW the best tea is iced!

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    David haye displayed our wonderful anthem at his non title bout recently, what a magnificent show and spectacle making us all proud, how dare you try and insinuate it's bad / wrong sir.

I'll tell you what's bad and wrong.
                    kanye west and his god awful pop music beats with his f@ggy auto tune vocals.
                    I mean the man represents everything awful about the U.S,(universally schit)country.... releases a few decent beats at the start of his career and then releases total turd for a decade all in the while telling everyone how he's god's gift to music / the world's best rock star while having people finger his pooper.

how DARE you.
                    There lays the difference between the US and the UK

Here in GREAT Britain we have a wonderful royal family that ooze with pride and joy and CLASS.

In America you have that wally Kayne West and his bird with a fat asre who's got crabs.

It's like Floyd Matyweather, all the money in the world and he cant buy so much an an ounce of class. That sums up America. A dog turd in gold wrapping paper.

Proper ****s.

Comment

Working...
                    X