Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Salido is a Bad Dude

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma fight was really close and that's with the low blows. I cant remember Salido even landing anything clean in a 12 round fight except the low blows. But he did get robbed in the Rocky fight, that was disgusting scoring from the judges.

Comment

I thought Salido was going to hit the deck multilpe times in this fight, but **** man he felt like the stronger guy the whole fight. Dude is relentless

Comment

No one would have guessed he'd get nearly as far as he did after going 8-6-1 w/ 5 stoppage losses in his first 15 bouts. Takes ridiculous mental toughness to do what he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          No one would have guessed he'd get nearly as far as he did after going 8-6-1 w/ 5 stoppage losses in his first 15 bouts. Takes ridiculous mental toughness to do what he's done.
          That hunger the guy has is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Very true, but a couple years ago he looked like he was a year from becoming the old name all the young guys knocked out. Instead he's still going to war with them and coming out even or sometimes ahead.
            That's true.

For me, it was his fight with Weng Haya where he got dropped twice, heavily dropped too. That fight made me say ok Salido's resistance is clearly deteriorating. Bare in mind that fight was before the second Juanma Lopez war (one of my favourite ever fights). The second Juanma fight compared to the first is night and day, Salido dominated Juanma in the first fight whereas the second fight was a back and forth war.

With this in mind I expected Mikey to knock him out, which he didn't do but dropped him 5 times. I wasn't surprised at all by that.

Then I expected Lomachenko to end his career, unbelievably he didn't even drop him just for his next fight to get dropped 3 times by Kokietgym.

You have to remember that pre 2011 (Lopez 1) Salido had been dropped 3 times in total in 15 years. Post Lopez 1 he's been dropped 12 times in 5 years. TWELVE.

It's his skill and heart that gets them through.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              Reminds me a lot of Castillo in that sense.

Comment

I watched Salido lose to Cristobal Cruz like 10 years ago on one of the old Best DAMN sports Show Period boxing shows. I can't believe he is still around putting on impressive performances. In fact he might be better than ever.

Comment

Baddest man on the planet!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    I take a look back at guys career, they stay matching up their up and comers versus dude and he rains on their parade.

Robert Guerrero the highly touted up and coming prospect took on Salido and was dominated.

After losing a tough and competitive fight with Gamboa, Salido was the B-side to Juanma Lopez and supposed to be the appetizer for a Juanma vs Gamboa showdown . Salido didn't get the message and punished Juanma, stopping him twice in his own back yard. And they tried to rob him too.

After getting dropped several times against Mikey Garcia, Siri makes a late charge but it was cut short as the result of a headbutt.

Next, he's the B-side to a disgusting HBO gay rights propaganda against a challenger who didn't deserve a title shot. Salido obliterates him.

In the very next fight, Salido was fed to Lomachenko and was supposed to be the B-side to Loma's history making world title pursuit. One of the greatest amateur fighters in history was going to try and make a name off of Salido. Salido responds with a vicious body assault to win a close but clear decision.

Next, Salido fights Rocky Martinez , Top Rank's Puerto Rican prize. The first fight was close but they robbed him in the rematch on the biggest stage of his career. I guess if you can't beat him, rob him.

Then we last night. Salido punishing Francisco Vargas in yet another fight of the year candidate. No problem with the decision, but at the end of the fight, I damn sure rather would have been Salido.

In a world of politics, corruption, cherry picking, diva antics and cold wars, Orlando Salido is a breath of fresh air. Bring him back again.

Didn't Salido test positive for steroids after the Guerrero fight? Like real steroids? nandrolone or something? That's the real deal steroid right there.

Not to mention, he came in overweight against Loma... and won by like a round... And is ducking the rematch.

Comment

Yup, Siri popped for Nandrolone after Guerrero fight.

Steroid cheat. Like a for real steroid cheat. Not some bull**** heart drug that doesn't even have any testosterone capabilities... Or a weight-cutting diuretic... But as hardcore, and performance-enhancing of a steroid as it gets.

/Thread.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2654229

Comment

Working...
                      X