No announcement yet.

Can Wladimir beat Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Wladimir beat Tyson Fury

I believe anything is possible if you put your mind into it…Wladimir is in great shape and is one of the most intelligent fighters of the modern era. However personally, I believe Tyson fury is too big of a challenge for him.

When wladimir got knocked down by saunders, he re-adjusted his game. He learnt and mastered the art of a defensive counter puncher. What makes wladimir so great is how he nullifies his opponents strengths. He jabs with his left arm as well as using that left arms to keep the distance, he never initiates, he always expects the other fighter to come towards him. Now because wladimir is keeping his opponent at bay with his left arm, he also uses that left arm to help open the other fighter so he can land that right hand. Watch all of his fights in recent years, it is the same tactics over and over again very robotic but very effective. However that tactic only works against guys that are smaller than him, if you notice wladimir only fought guys that were 6’2, 6’3, 6’1, he rarely fought guys taller than him. It is easier to be defensive against a smaller guy because you know the fighter can swing all they want, it doesn’t matter wladimir is taller and bigger so he is always in control. The best way to describe it is like a 20 year old guy wo is 6’3 fighting a 19 year old who is 5’7 and all the 20 year old is doing is holding his head and letting the 19 year old swing all he wants because he knows he can’t touch him. That was the problem with wladimir before, he never used his height and size to his advantage he always wanted to mix in, throw combinations but he always left himself open to be knocked out

now brings me to Tyson fury, the guy that hardly anyone fought could dethrone wladimir. Personally I was always aware of wladimir’s tactics only working against smaller guys. Fury is a big tall fella! So I always knew that wladimir would have to change his tactics if he wanted to beat fury. That is the problem with fighting just one style, it only works for certain types of fighters, to moment you come up against a different fighter, you should be able to adapt and adjust your tactics and I thought with wladimir being the world champion, he has the experience and the intellect to change his style a bit to suit fury. How wrong was i?? I watched the full fight and after the first round I thought Fury is going to win. Wladimir just did the same thing as he done is his past fights and I was surprised because I am not a boxing expert but even I knew that tactic can’t work against fury. Fury did what wladimir has been doing to other fighters. Fury used wladimir tactics against him. And I guess the saying is true, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

The rematch should be interesting….but I think fury will win, I think wladimir will be more aggressive but Fury will win. Wladimir saying he will knock fury out means he would have to change his entire gameplan, he would have to go against what he normally does, but at the age of 40, it’s a big ask for the man. Fury will do exactly the same as last time, so its wladimir, who for the first time in a long while will have to set the tone for the fight. He has been a wonderful champion no doubt about it but how ironic that the same tactics he has been using to help him win and stay world champion, is the very same tactics that made his lose.

He lost every aspect of the first fight, so no, probably not.

Contrary to what everyone else were saying, Wladimir looked and was his best the first fight. Tyson Fury is just a better fighter.

Comment

Can he? Yes he can.
      Will he? I do not think so.
      Wlad has mostly been fighting guys with a shorter reach or not as good boxers as Tyson Fury.
      Fury is a good boxer, he moves, he has reach and generally a good defence. Someone really needs to be fast to catch him. I'm afraid that someone isnt Wladmir. In the first fight Fury toyed with Wladmir. Wlad will try this time around but he basically fights the same. It might be more competitive this time but I think Wlad will still lose. His only chance is a lucky shot.

Comment

I agree with the points made here. I thought Fury would beat Wlad first time around because the tactics Wlad used throughout his reign will not work against Fury.

What Wlad does is tremendously effective, but also tremendously predictable. Fury's mobility, height and range mean that he can beat Wlad at his own game. If Wlad abandons that game and goes after Fury aggressively, he might land a big punch and win the fight, but it's more likely he will walk onto punches himself and get stopped.

Comment

I think you are making things too complicated. Wlad and Fury are both good and very big heavyweights. The biggest difference between them is Fury is a young, prime 27 while Wlad is an old, way past prime 40 year old if I have his age right. That youth advantage is the biggest single factor in Fury's upset win. Wlad didn't throw many punches and that hurt him and cost him the fight. Of course Fury fought a clever fight and won easily. If Wlad throws a lot more punches in the rematch I think he can win but Fury has to be the favorite to win. Wlad hasn't gotten any younger and Fury is still dead in the middle of his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I think you are making things too complicated. Wlad and Fury are both good and very big heavyweights. The biggest difference between them is Fury is a young, prime 27 while Wlad is an old, way past prime 40 year old if I have his age right. That youth advantage is the biggest single factor in Fury's upset win. Wlad didn't throw many punches and that hurt him and cost him the fight. Of course Fury fought a clever fight and won easily. If Wlad throws a lot more punches in the rematch I think he can win but Fury has to be the favorite to win. Wlad hasn't gotten any younger and Fury is still dead in the middle of his prime.
            i understand that, but its so easy to say that wladimir should have thrown a lot more punches. if you watched the fight tyson didn't allow him to throw any punches, with how defensive tyson was, if wlad threw more punches he would have exposed himself. wlad is a counter puncher, he waits for an opportunity, fury just didn't allow him any opportunity to land that right hand

Comment

I'd like to think Wlad will win, he's a lot smarter than Fury outside of the ring and he's probably got a strategy planned to beat Fury.

If it actually works or not is a different story. Wlad is really old too, Ali was pretty much done when he was that age.

Comment

Originally posted by motivational
                I'd like to think Wlad will win, he's a lot smarter than Fury outside of the ring and he's probably got a strategy planned to beat Fury.

If it actually works or not is a different story. Wlad is really old too, Ali was pretty much done when he was that age.
                He's more academic than Fury for sure, but he has an inferior boxing brain, as well as being mentally weak.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  He's more academic than Fury for sure, but he has an inferior boxing brain, as well as being mentally weak.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  exactly, this is boxing. Fury has come from a background where fighting is a normality for him. its that mental toughness that is a lot stronger than wlad. wlad is more of a politician than a fighter. but i guess in the rematch we will see if wlad has the heart of a champion

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    He lost every aspect of the first fight, so no, probably not.

Contrary to what everyone else were saying, Wladimir looked and was his best the first fight. Tyson Fury is just a better fighter.

so wladimir klitschko is still in his prime...?

Comment

Working...
                    X