Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Fernando Vargas take enough punishment from Tito Trinidad to KO 10 men?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Idk about ten guys, but for sure Vargas was a tough mfer. And probably too bold for his own good too. I mean how many guys are even fighting a guy like Tito so early in their career? Not many thats for sure.

Vargas was for sure one of my favorite guys to watch when he was active for those reasons. Shorter career than he might have had, but he's remembered better than most. I wish more guys would come in, burn hot & get out like Vargas.
    Is Vargas your uncle or long lost daddy

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
      I mean in the early rounds and middle rounds.. Before he had been crushed. I never said he was winning the fight... And I said as perfectly as he could...not perfectly.
      Yeah I agree with that for the most part. He lost the first two rounds and got dropped twice so I don't know about the early rounds. He did gain some momentum from rounds 4-6/7 but basically Tito took over down the stretch and was starting to hammer him. Vargas had his moments but I'll never forget after round 8 or 9 or something, George Foreman saying "boyyy...waters getting deep for Vargas now." And boy was he right. Tito took him into deep waters and drowned him under a hail of blistering power punches.

Comment

vargas took an incredible amount of punishment.

jay nady, the idiot that stopped luis collazo and zab judah prematurely, almost let vargas get beaten to a point of permanent change.

vargas is a hard man.

Comment

Vargas got whooped and deservedly so.

Comment

Tito broke him but more importantly he broke Vargas' will. I always felt that fight came a little too early into Vargas' career and as a result, it end up being aborted abruptly due to the insane punishment he took

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
              Yeah he took way to much punishment he shouldn't have been made to fight such an accurate concussive puncher so early in his career.
              You guys would be saying the same if Canelo thought GGG

You guys

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                Is Vargas your uncle or long lost daddy
                You didn't think Vargas was a fun guy to watch? I'd venture to say you must be a fanboy of Oscar or maybe Tito or someone else Vargas fought. Hell Tito is my favorite all time fighter, but I'm not a Tito fanboy & I can still respect Vargas' talent, heart & toughness.

Comment

Damn... The first punch Tito landed put Vargas on his asssss...

Tito>Vergas

Comment

To be honest, I am still on the fence if the version of Vargas that faced Tito would have had a much different end result when fighting DLH and Mosley.

That said, Tito OWNED Vargas from the opening bell. Still one of my all time favorite scraps.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                      You guys would be saying the same if Canelo thought GGG

You guys
                      Rudy, I kind of feel that if Canelo fought GGG, it would end up being the same thing. Canelo will put up a valiant effort, but he will suffer the same fate. That's why Goldenboy promotions will not have him fight GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X