Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Fernando Vargas take enough punishment from Tito Trinidad to KO 10 men?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Those "low blows" are extremely overblown.
    kinda hard to over blow and nut check....lets not forget tito was one of the best body punchers of his era....he was joe louisesque the way he got leverage on short shots.

a low blow can take away a fighters momentum

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      kinda hard to over blow and nut check....lets not forget tito was one of the best body punchers of his era....he was joe louisesque the way he got leverage on short shots.

It wasn't that serious. People like to make the argument that the low blow somehow stopped Vargas' momentum, as if Trinidad was seriously hurt which couldn't have been further from the truth. Was a flash knockdown at best.

Comment

It wasn't that serious. People like to make the argument that the low blow somehow stopped Vargas' momentum, as if Trinidad was seriously hurt which couldn't have been further from the truth. Was a flash knockdown at best.
        naw...tito was one of those rare fighters who didnt appear hurt when he was dropped. only time I can remember him being hurt was vs Hopkins and that was after 12 rounds of clean shots.

I dont think it affected the outcome, as much as the momentum of the round. On the flipside, tito was just as dangerous when he was hurt. Dude was special. Most fighters pack it in when they get dropped. He got mad and went for the ko

Comment

Gabe Rosado takes more punishment on a regular basis but there's no need to give him props for that. Also, a lot of fighters took punishment from Trinidad that wasn't different from what Vargas absorbed.

Comment

Same as the others, he was ruined in that fight for sure and he was still very young at the time.

Comment

No, His spirit was broken. The way he was having success, even making Tito look dumb at times which I couldn't believe while watching it. And then.....BOOM *left hook* and he's down....Gets back up, reestablishes everything, checks his defenses and makes sure it won't happen again.......BOOM *left hook*.....It was like Amir Khan's career packed into one fight. He was fighting perfectly ..the best he ever possibly could and it didn't matter...That ruins a person on the inside, for ever doubting everything after that.

But I think De La Hoya would have done the same thing to him had they fought first. A big left hooker would always have been the ruin of him.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                No, His spirit was broken. The way he was having success, even making Tito look dumb at times which I couldn't believe while watching it. And then.....BOOM *left hook* and he's down....Gets back up, reestablishes everything, checks his defenses and makes sure it won't happen again.......BOOM *left hook*.....It was like Amir Khan's career packed into one fight. He was fighting perfectly ..the best he ever possibly could and it didn't matter...That ruins a person on the inside, for ever doubting everything after that.

But I think De La Hoya would have done the same thing to him had they fought first. A big left hooker would always have been the ruin of him.

Just my two cents.
                Fighting perfectly? I don't know about that. He was down by a good 2-3 points heading into the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

The irony of that video having a tumbnail where it looks like Vargas is in the midst of delivering a mean low blow

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    The irony of that video having a tumbnail where it looks like Vargas is in the midst of delivering a mean low blow
                    i know right....they both were hitting the belt line and just below....it happens when you have two good body punchers and left hooks.

This fight was at a very high skill level for a slugfest just like Castillo-Corrales

Comment

Fighting perfectly? I don't know about that. He was down by a good 2-3 points heading into the 12th.
                      I mean in the early rounds and middle rounds.. Before he had been crushed. I never said he was winning the fight... And I said as perfectly as he could...not perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                      X