Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Drozd To Exercise WBC Title Shot, Starts Camp For Tony Bellew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
    I wouldn't say he was a lot better than Makabu. A lot more technical, which can present its own set of challenges, but Makabu was rightly considered an extremely dangerous fighter at the weight.
    Makabu was only 20 fights, get koed in his first fight as a pro.

He never beat anybody relevant on the world scene.

Fighting Bellew, he was about to fight the best guy he ever fought, and yes we realize Bellew got sparked by Stevenson and lost a decision to Cleverly before getting a revenge.

Makabu was a hard puncher but I wasn't surprised at all reading Bellew sparked him.

Drodz is a whole different animal.

He has experience unlike Makabu, he's 40-1 altough he lost by KO vs Arslan in his first big fight in 2006.

He had good run since, he koed an undefeated Masternak, a man Bellew beat by decision recently.

Drodz claim to fame is taking the WBC title from Wlodarczyk, a solid performance, he was impressive stopping Janik in his first defense, a guy Afolabi struggled with.

He's supposed to beat a guy like Bellew, but Bellew seems to be a tough nut to crack so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Makabu was only 20 fights, get koed in his first fight as a pro.

He never beat anybody relevant on the world scene.

Fighting Bellew, he was about to fight the best guy he ever fought, and yes we realize Bellew got sparked by Stevenson and lost a decision to Cleverly before getting a revenge.

Makabu was a hard puncher but I wasn't surprised at all reading Bellew sparked him.

Drodz is a whole different animal.

He has experience unlike Makabu, he's 40-1 altough he lost by KO vs Arslan in his first big fight in 2006.

He had good run since, he koed an undefeated Masternak, a man Bellew beat by decision recently.

Drodz claim to fame is taking the WBC title from Wlodarczyk, a solid performance, he was impressive stopping Janik in his first defense, a guy Afolabi struggled with.

He's supposed to beat a guy like Bellew, but Bellew seems to be a tough nut to crack so you never know.
      You don't consider Mchunu a top guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Drozd if he looks even 70% of what he was before the injury should have enough to beat Bellew unless he gets caught with something big.

Cruiserweight is heating up, Lebedev vs Doritos or Lebedev vs Glowacki

Kalenga vs Ramirez

Cunningham vs anyone

Glowacki vs Doritos
        Drozd vs anyone. Soon we'll have a unified champ at cruiser again, not sure who will take all the marbles tho.
        Lebedev's mandatories are Gassiev, Dorticos, Shumenov
        Glowacki's mandatory is Usyk
        Bellew's has to fight Drozd and mandatory Briedis

Hopefully we'll see recent losers like Huck, Durodola, Kudryashov, Makabu, Kalenga, Ramirez, Mchunu facing off to get back into title contention. There are also promising looking prospects Michal Cieslak, Imre Szello, Ryad Merhy ready to step up. Great fights to be made.
        Last edited by Mikhnienko; 05-30-2016, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          Lebedev's mandatories are Gassiev, Dorticos, Shumenov
          Glowacki's mandatory is Usyk
          Bellew's has to fight Drozd and mandatory Briedis

Hopefully we'll see recent losers like Huck, Durodola, Kudryashov, Makabu, Kalenga, Ramirez, Mchunu facing off to get back into title contention. There are also promising looking prospects Michal Cieslak, Imre Szello, Ryad Merhy ready to step up. Great fights to be made.
          Bit harsh to call Huck a recent loser. He's already bounced back into contention with the Ola win and looks to be back to form. Glowacki rematch needs to be made.

Comment

Bit harsh to call Huck a recent loser. He's already bounced back into contention with the Ola win and looks to be back to form. Glowacki rematch needs to be made.
            Forgot about the Ola fight but a rematch no it doesn't. Glowacki has Usyk next plus him and Lebedev have both expressed a desire to unify. Both make more sense, are more interesting and also better for the division if Marko wants to try re-acquiring a belt to hold hostage in Germany while avoiding the rest of the divisions best he wont find much fan support.

Comment

You don't consider Mchunu a top guy?
              Not that much.

Like Makabu, he hasn't beaten a living dog on the world scene except fast Eddie Chambers at 200, but how is good Eddie making 196 pounds on the scale...

Comment

Don't expose your ignorance.

You just don't sht about the game for statining something like that.

This division is so heated with guys like Usyk, Glowacki, Lebedev, Dorticos, Huck, Drotz.
                Either you can't read or your English Translator is not working correctly

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Either you can't read or your English Translator is not working correctly
                  You wrote:

"Damn How bad has the Cruiserweight Division been? Last time people talked about the WBC Cruiserweight Title was when David Haye had it lol

Great to see things get interesting in that Division though"

This division has been interesting and talented for years.

I think you missed a lot of good fights since David Haye left.

Comment

You wrote:

"Damn How bad has the Cruiserweight Division been? Last time people talked about the WBC Cruiserweight Title was when David Haye had it lol

Great to see things get interesting in that Division though"

This division has been interesting and talented for years.

I think you missed a lot of good fights since David Haye left.
                    Come on now, the Division kinda went Stale for awhile lets not pretend like the Cruiserweight Division always been hot

From Marco Huck, to USS Cunningham to Pablo Hernandez the Division to Wlodarczyk I been watching but the Division was not "HOT" come on now lets not pretend like the Curiserweight Division always been hot. I live in States in Don't live in Poland or Russia or Germany so maybe that is why the Cruiserweight Division seemed kinda cold from where I'm looking at it because in the States even when Cunningham was the Top Cruiserweight, NOBODY CARED! Even on boxing Forums it wasn't many threads about Cruiserweight up until recently

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Come on now, the Division kinda went Stale for awhile lets not pretend like the Cruiserweight Division always been hot

From Marco Huck, to USS Cunningham to Pablo Hernandez the Division to Wlodarczyk I been watching but the Division was not "HOT" come on now lets not pretend like the Curiserweight Division always been hot. I live in States in Don't live in Poland or Russia or Germany so maybe that is why the Cruiserweight Division seemed kinda cold from where I'm looking at it because in the States even when Cunningham was the Top Cruiserweight, NOBODY CARED! Even on boxing Forums it wasn't many threads about Cruiserweight up until recently
                      Maybe you should just watch more fights

Comment

Working...
                      X