Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Drozd To Exercise WBC Title Shot, Starts Camp For Tony Bellew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Drozd To Exercise WBC Title Shot, Starts Camp For Tony Bellew

The WBC cruiserweight 'champion in recess,' Grigory Drozd (40-1, 28KOs), has already started training and plans to exercise a clause which gives him an immediate world title shot.

[Click Here To Read More]

This will be a great fight. Not sure how Drozd will look after such a layoff

Comment

drozd is different level to bellew......I think drozd is number one although havent watched an awful lot of him, he seems the most compact, briedis seems to get caught with jabs and doesnt have as tight a defense.

Comment

I guess this means Bellew will very likely have to travel to Russia, I dunno but it depends who is backing Drozd.

You can be sure Drozd won't fight as dumb as Makabu did, Makabu had the tools to spark Bellew out just clearly let the atmosphere get to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
          I guess this means Bellew will very likely have to travel to Russia, I dunno but it depends who is backing Drozd.

You can be sure Drozd won't fight as dumb as Makabu did, Makabu had the tools to spark Bellew out just clearly let the atmosphere get to him.
          Bellew is the champion and the fight would make more money in England. Why would he have to travel to Russia?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Bellew is the champion and the fight would make more money in England. Why would he have to travel to Russia?
            Wilder was the champion and he still was going to have to go to Russia, terms can be dictated.

Comment

Makabu fought the way he always fought Bellew just was too strong for him if anything Bellew didn't follow his trainers gameplan

Comment

Wilder was the champion and he still was going to have to go to Russia, terms can be dictated.
                Do you think Ryabinksy will think it's worth it to spend the money needed to outbid Eddie Hearn? Drozd-Bellew isn't as big of an event in Russia as Wilder-Povetkin for the WBC heavyweight title would have been.

Comment

Drozd if he looks even 70% of what he was before the injury should have enough to beat Bellew unless he gets caught with something big.

Cruiserweight is heating up, Lebedev vs Doritos or Lebedev vs Glowacki

Kalenga vs Ramirez

Cunningham vs anyone

Glowacki vs Doritos
                  Drozd vs anyone. Soon we'll have a unified champ at cruiser again, not sure who will take all the marbles tho.

Comment

Drozd if he looks even 70% of what he was before the injury should have enough to beat Bellew unless he gets caught with something big.

Cruiserweight is heating up, Lebedev vs Doritos or Lebedev vs Glowacki

Kalenga vs Ramirez

Cunningham vs anyone

Glowacki vs Doritos
                    Drozd vs anyone. Soon we'll have a unified champ at cruiser again, not sure who will take all the marbles tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X