No announcement yet.

Where are all the Canelo fans at now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo fan here. But also a GGG fan.

I'll reserve judgement until he signs a fight and depending on who it is will depend on how much s hit I give him. At the end of the day I can't hate on a guy who doesn't want to move up to 160. Plenty of dudes don't want to move up so hey..if people are fighting him at Canelo weight it's not my problem.

I'm not gonna jump the gun and full on blast Canelo if the b side doesnt do what needs to be done for the a side so until I see some actual negotiations take place and then refused then it's all just nitpicking.. "canelo wont move up...ggg wont move up OR down to fight any names" etc etc. Right now there isn't really a finger to blame until we see some actual trying from either side...

Then again I'm a fan of both fighters so it makes no difference to me like it does with people who can only like one.

Seems kind of hard to call Canelo a duck when he's fought the best of his era and other guys who nobody wanted a piece of. With his resume/history I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt until we actually see some negotiations or failed ones. You can spin it any which way to make it seem like ggg is ducking or canelo is. I'll wait..and not act like my father defrauded me and go on some hate fest of a fighter. ;/

Comment

I think Canelo knows that this fight has to happen at some point or he's never going to live it down. He's got people who were fans, abandoning ship over this.

Comment

canelo fan, reporting for duty.

Comment

Everybody is jumping the gun

Wait a couple weeks. They have to announce the september fight within a couple weeks

I think canelo announces his fight vs ggg at 157 pounds

Wbc protocol is 70-30 purse split for a title fight. Canelos team feels he deserves more given how poorly ggg lemiux ppv did. And theres also the weight issue and deadline date. He vacated belt for these reasons, not because he doesnt wanna fight ggg

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            I don't think it's Canelo at all. I believe he probably feels like he can 100% beat Triple G.
            well then whats stopping him?? didnt ya said the fighter has the final go on who he wants to fight?

Comment

I like Canelo. BUT, he took a huge hit with me for picking on a small, chinny name in Khan. I lost some respect there. The situation with GGG IMO has more to do with Oscar protecting his investment then it does Canelo being afraid. Golden Boy know they can make money with Canelo fighting basically anyone they want right now. I just can't see them sending their cash cow to the slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                They are out there....they are waiting.....for their moment.

Honestly I can already see the narrative coming to light.

"We was planning to not f#ck around, but then these sketchy ass Florida promoters came outta nowhere to try to steal our promotional rights to Canelo. We had to defend that. Immediately. That was nothing to f#ck around with. We wanted to go into the GGG fight with a clear conscious. Now that we gave those sketchy ass Florida promotions a big pile of money we are ready for GGG.........in like 2 or 3 fights :trollface:"

Its happening & a lot of people will forget this pussified moment cuz that will make all the sense in the world for them.
                Lol, your 1st sentence summed us up!!! You're daaaaamn right!!

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  I like Canelo. BUT, he took a huge hit with me for picking on a small, chinny name in Khan. I lost some respect there. The situation with GGG IMO has more to do with Oscar protecting his investment then it does Canelo being afraid. Golden Boy know they can make money with Canelo fighting basically anyone they want right now. I just can't see them sending their cash cow to the slaughter.
                  i dont blame you for that, that fight was a joke...

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                    well then whats stopping him?? didnt ya said the fighter has the final go on who he wants to fight?
                    Hmm, no, I don't believe I said that.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Everybody is jumping the gun

Wait a couple weeks. They have to announce the september fight within a couple weeks

I think canelo announces his fight vs ggg at 157 pounds
                      I'll take this bet for any amount of e-points you wanna bet up to the amount of points I have. And this is just in regards to GGG vs Canelo happening in September 2016 at any weight 155, 157, 160 or 192 or whatever. Deal?

Comment

Working...
                      X