Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard: I Told Mayweather I Would Have Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in other words, the sky is blue, water is wet, and judas sold a sleeping jesus out to roman soldiers.

Comment

• At least its debatable. I don't think that it would be debatable for any other fighter in this era except Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        They expect him to fight every single fighter and contender and potential contender in the world, even though no fighter has ever done such a thing.
        it really shows how great they think he was by how high of a standard he is held by them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
          The bottom line is do you think mayweather would have beaten sugar ray Leonard ....and if you had your last 1000 dollars and someone put a gun to your and said chose ....you would pick Leonard ...u know and I know it...Leonard had everything mayweather except he was bigger, had a longer reach and was naturally the more bigger man...plus he had ko power something which Floyd at welterweight never had....the prime ray Leonard that beat Thomas hearns in 1981 would have had to much for everything period
          what good is power if you dont land.

a great big man should beat a great small man. Based on the Leonard's killer instinct and size, id favor him but wouldnt be surprised if Mayweather pulled it off

I usually go back and forth on his wins. this is the umpteenth thread on the topic

One of Leonard's toughest fights as a champion was against Wilfred Benitez, who is an all time great but could be erratic, didnt train hard for his fights(he claimed to have only trained 2 weeks for leonard) but was defensive master.

When leonard isnt shoe shining he loops his punches, especially his right hand...he hardly throws it straight

also he leans to the right and is a sucker for the straight right at the elite level. Duran, Hearns, Norris everytime he was hurt it was right hands and thats mayweathers money shot

Leonard would have to win by ko, he isnt outboxing mayweather....he couldnt outbox hearns or benitez...he outfough them.

this fight is 50/50

1981 SRL vs 2007 Mayweather.....not the old 30+ year old floyd. Young ww floyd threw combos, had decent power, commited to shots yet was still elusive faster than today etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            I know you dont like this but these are the facts

Zab Judah is a two weight titleholder and even moved back down to regain the ibf at 140 past 30 years old. Levels over GGG cans of the month

It's getting boring to talk with weak minded fan boys.

I never said Judah was as bas as a 2016 160 contender like Wade.

I trully respect Zab's career and his skills, he never ducked a fighter. He took on all comers at their peak.

I said, beating him doesn't make of Baldomir something else than a C fighter.
            VERY DIFFERENT

Malignaggi is also a 2 divisions champions beating N Dou and that ukranian unkown guy, Broner 4 divisions. You can win titles fighting paper champs with all those belts/divisions and ****** rankings, with fighters vacating and moving up/down in weight if you are with the right promoter.

A guy like Ishida only had 2 chances at 160 and it was against Pirog and GGG lool

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Berto has beaten top ten contenders and titleholders
            Doesn't change the fact that he was a C fighter.

[
            Guerrero is a good fighter and was at his best at 126-130. He can compete with world class with welterweights. thats no small accomplishment
            Doesn't change the fact that Guerreo is C level opposition at 147.

[
            Baldomir also beat Gatti, drew with Dingaan Thobela, and beat Clottey. He was no world beater but he was a good fighter
            OK so if he beat a shot Gatti an Drew with Timbaland, then fine

[
            You really compared former world titlists and champions to guys who will never get near a world title in their career.

Its obvious you are a GGG fan boy....no logic
            I never compared those guys to Wade, Ishida or Monroe, you did bring up those names.

U could have mentioned guys like Lemieux, Geale or Ouma who are also former world champions, but unlike you I won't argue those guys are above C level.

LOL, I'm not a GGG fan boy (I like GGG but there are maybe 10 current fighters I like a lot more).

And being a Floyd fan boy doesn't make you smarter.

Comment

The bottom line is do you think mayweather would have beaten sugar ray Leonard ....and if you had your last 1000 dollars and someone put a gun to your and said chose ....you would pick Leonard ...u know and I know it...Leonard had everything mayweather except he was bigger, had a longer reach and was naturally the more bigger man...plus he had ko power something which Floyd at welterweight never had....the prime ray Leonard that beat Thomas hearns in 1981 would have had to much for everything period
              I answered your question so answer one for me....how can you duck a fighters if you are fighting more accomplished and more proven fighters than them

Comment

I answered your question so answer one for me....how can you duck a fighters if you are fighting more accomplished and more proven fighters than them
                I haven't said mayweather ducked anybody ? Wrong question for me to answer

Comment

I suggest u watch rounds 1,2,3,4,6,10 and 11 to see if Leonard boxed for just 15 seconds...the first 4 rounds hagler was 2nd best in everything..missed contsntly and cleanly out boxed ...even the 5th upto the last 40 seconds Leonard was winning that round...boxing is judged in rounds won and 10-9 must system so based on that criteria Leonard won the fight by I would say 7-5 or 7-4 depending if you score the 12th round to Leonard ....when you apply pressure in boxing it's judged in effective aggression and seeing hagler missed most of his punches ...hagler threw 709 punches and landed 292 and Leonard threw 632 and 309 ...how the hell can you score the fight for hagler...fights on scored on 4 disciplines Effective agreession , defence, ring generalship and clean punching......there's no denying defence, clean punching amd ring generalship are won by Leonard ...as the last criteria it was Leonard who dictated on how this fight was fought....hagler came out orthodox and tried to box with Leonard and Leonard controlled action when and wher he wanted to.....my advice to you is sit back with a beer and a bit of paper and pen ....and score each round as you watch it and then tell me hagler won it....no way in hell did hagler win more that 5 rounds and those rounds were 5,7,8,9 and if your being generous then the 12th round.....that's makes it either 7-4 or more likely 7-5 for Leonard ...even the 9th round Leonard stood toe to toe with for a good 2 minutes against arguably the greatest middleweight of all time....what Leonard did to hagler ...mayweather did to canelo .....but Leonard did this to the great marvellous marvin hagler with 1 fight in 5 years and mayweather did to a weight drained, inexperienced Mexican fighter that was unproven.....the kind of comaparison were talking about here is mayweather beating gennady golovkin ...what chance do we have of that happening lol...Leonard if you judge the fight according the rules he beat hagler over 12 rounds
                  I'll go watch it in slow motion without the sound...lol. I was stating my opinion.

Comment

its not cherrypicking when you fight better more accomplished fighters

no fighter in history has beaten every good fighter near his size. De LA hOYa basically fought everyone but he didnt fight Kostya Tsyzu, Winky Wright. were they all ducking each other? i doubt it, some fights just dont get made for various reasons.

you cant rewrite history

in 07-08 both Margarito and Williams lost. in 06 williams was a prospect with no wins over a top ten contender. in 07 margarito lost to Williams who was a prospect.

after Mayweather beat Hatton that december, Williams was upset but quintana. He won the rematch the same year in 08 and moved up and never fought at 147 again

in 07 mayweather fought 2 more proven future hall of famers in Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton. At that point in time neither of them brought anything to the table and losing didnt help their case

that he ducked paul williams and margarito is bull***** because 1) they blew their momentum losing 2) Neither had accomplished much at the time 3) He has beaten better fighters than them before they were contenders and after they were contenders
                    There were good reasons for Floyd to not fight Williams, Margo, I agree.

There were also good reasons to fight both.

Floyd fought for the casuals in order to earn PPV money, I get it.

If Floyd had fought for his legacy, he woulda fight Margo and P WILL when they had their momentum and we all know legacy wise they bring more to the table than Baldomir and most of 147 Floyd's win.

You know what, I really liked Floyd, I was a Floyd dude until he moved up to 147 and choose to fight for the money and becaming a ****** public character making Jersey Shore guys looking like sane and educated people.

Floyd made his choice and was free to do them, but he cherry picked as fack above 140.

Comment

I haven't said mayweather ducked anybody ? Wrong question for me to answer
                      my bad meant to ask billy

Comment

Working...
                      X