Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Golden Boy Dig in For Lengthy Court Battle With All-Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
    GB has a history of this with Pacquioa so I wouldn't put it past them to take advantage of an ignorant foreign kid to make sure they get a cut. In this case they probably thought they could just pay it out, or that All-Star's cash would run out from all the delays, but here we are.
    True. But you think they really cab get money from the Cotto, Floyd, Trout, and all the big fights well past their 4 year suppose contract?? I would think they should only get a percentage of the fight up to those 4 years...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      never ven heard of these guys prior to their lawsuit against canelo. can they bankroll and promote the biggest fight in boxing? even cover the cost of the purses of the fighters? you tend to doubt it.
      I'm sure they could find investors at this point if they did. For sure these guys are just opportunists doe. GBP scooped up Canelo in 2009. And ASB was like whatever for 2 years til they they seen the promising kid, who almost lost to a journeyman while coming up, & that they didn't give enough of a f#ck about 2yrs ago to sue GBP over then, was fighting for a title.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I'm sure they could find investors at this point if they did. For sure these guys are just opportunists doe. GBP scooped up Canelo in 2009. And ASB was like whatever for 2 years til they they seen the promising kid, who almost lost to a journeyman while coming up, & that they didn't give enough of a f#ck about 2yrs ago to sue GBP over then, was fighting for a title.
        Yeah it is kind of funny how they didn't give two shts until he was fighting Hatton for a belt! I forgot about all that. I hope they don't get sht. And they said they invested $180k in Canelo in 13 months??? BS! I highly doubt that. You don't make sht in boxing. Only like 1% ever does.

Comment

Seems , generally, All Star, a small FL promotion has them, but they don't have the $$ 4 a long fight but let's hope right is served, in time...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Yeah it is kind of funny how they didn't give two shts until he was fighting Hatton for a belt! I forgot about all that. I hope they don't get sht. And they said they invested $180k in Canelo in 13 months??? BS! I highly doubt that. You don't make sht in boxing. Only like 1% ever does.
            LOL yea I haven't even touched on that 180K thing it seems so outlandish.

I guess I could speculate purses for 9 fights in Mexico(?) + a monthly stipend (assuming Canelo had one, which he may or may not have had) + paying for some training expenses, supplements or various expenses along these lines (assuming they covered that sorta stuff) + a new car or apt/house or some other big purchase(s) (that they may or may not have been made on Canelo's behalf) could add up to 180K in that period, but if that was the case do they just walk away for 2 years til they make a move on getting back their fighter + sizable investment in that fighter? I have a hard time buying that to be what most reasonable people would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              True. But you think they really cab get money from the Cotto, Floyd, Trout, and all the big fights well past their 4 year suppose contract?? I would think they should only get a percentage of the fight up to those 4 years...
              They probably won't get every dollar made of course, but they may get the percentage that was promised based on the old contract, which could hurt pretty badly.

Comment

I hope Oscar loses it and that he ends up with nothing and in jail. *crosses fingers*

Comment

if gb had settled this years ago, they would have paid just peanuts, now going to court-in Florida-they may get a shattering verdict if someone wants to make an example of them in respect to the validity of contracts in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    LOL yea I haven't even touched on that 180K thing it seems so outlandish.

I guess I could speculate purses for 9 fights in Mexico(?) + a monthly stipend (assuming Canelo had one, which he may or may not have had) + paying for some training expenses, supplements or various expenses along these lines (assuming they covered that sorta stuff) + a new car or apt/house or some other big purchase(s) (that they may or may not have been made on Canelo's behalf) could add up to 180K in that period, but if that was the case do they just walk away for 2 years til they make a move on getting back their fighter + sizable investment in that fighter? I have a hard time buying that to be what most reasonable people would do.
                    180K in Mexico???? Good LORD!!! They could hire the best EVERYTHING...Cook's, trainers, women, anything.

Comment

Thats like $14,000 a month!!! BS!! For an UNKNOWN up and comer. That right there would make me question their entire argument.

Comment

Working...
                      X