Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Golden Boy Dig in For Lengthy Court Battle With All-Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrBoxing88
    replied
    All star being in the game for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Shadoww702
    replied
    Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    I think they may have some damages. Of course we only have limited information, but if he's under contract, I think they have a claim.

Squatters here in Va are hard to get rid of too. My exgf and I had one of her friends move in and once she got a piece of mail, we couldn't get rid of her. No rent paying, hot water wasting, food gobbling b!+İh
    That is so insane!!! How people can do that. I heard its almost impossible to get rid of them if children are involved. Might as well just count it as a loss.

Leave a comment:

• New England
    replied
    Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
    U must not read a lot...very big in FL, PR , MX...& the, $$$ is there if u investigate..they're backed big time by valcarcel & wbo...

i read plenty . too much, really.

acting like these guys are big enough players to bankroll the biggest fight in boxing is ridiculous. they gonna have the fight in PR? get people to pay 1000 a night to stay at a hotel in mexico? gouge 5 figure ringside seats in the secondary market? lure in millions of dollars of ******** money in florida?

they have 1500 likes on facebook, and this is after the biggest event in the history of their PR

edit:
    looks like they promote orlando cruz, so i've probably watched one of their shows and forgot about it . that might even be worse!
    Last edited by New England; 05-24-2016, 07:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GGG Gloveking
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Yeah so it sounds like they have a case then??? The law is crazy I don't even try and make sense of it anymore. Here in Vegas we have a HUGE problem with squatters and you can't get rid of then if they've been in your home for awhile. I know quite a few ppl who had to pay up $2000 dollars to get rid of them. It's basically paying them to leave your own property. I forgot what the exact term they said but it was like they basically say leave the key and premise for x amount of money. Because usually they change locks and landlord can't remove them or what not. Pretty messed up.
    I think they may have some damages. Of course we only have limited information, but if he's under contract, I think they have a claim.

Squatters here in Va are hard to get rid of too. My exgf and I had one of her friends move in and once she got a piece of mail, we couldn't get rid of her. No rent paying, hot water wasting, food gobbling b!+İh
    Last edited by GGG Gloveking; 05-24-2016, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shadoww702
    replied
    It really doesnt matter so much where Alvarez was a resident or citizen as much as where the contract was originated. I believe All Star boxing is based out of FL, and therefore FL law would have jurisdiction. Canelo could possibly argue Mexican jurisdiction if (hypothetically) the contract was faxed to Mexico and signed in Mexico (or some other location).

As far as your friend and his DUI, the issue there is the Constitutional provision of council. This protection only applies when jeopardy is attached (Baldwin v NY) Such protection is not afforded in contract law.

Canelo and GBP need to show some compelling reason for termination of contract, such as an aggregious breach of contract. I would ask anyone that thinks this will be easy for Canelo to just look at how long Andre Ward had to battle in court to be released from Goosen
    Yeah so it sounds like they have a case then??? The law is crazy I don't even try and make sense of it anymore. Here in Vegas we have a HUGE problem with squatters and you can't get rid of then if they've been in your home for awhile. I know quite a few ppl who had to pay up $2000 dollars to get rid of them. It's basically paying them to leave your own property. I forgot what the exact term they said but it was like they basically say leave the key and premise for x amount of money. Because usually they change locks and landlord can't remove them or what not. Pretty messed up.

Leave a comment:

• nycsmooth
    replied
    Originally posted by New England View Post
    never ven heard of these guys prior to their lawsuit against canelo. can they bankroll and promote the biggest fight in boxing? even cover the cost of the purses of the fighters? you tend to doubt it.
    U must not read a lot...very big in FL, PR , MX...& the, $$$ is there if u investigate..they're backed big time by valcarcel & wbo...

Leave a comment:

• NearHypnos
    replied
    Yes. It would be quite a legal quagmire if Canelo were to sign a fight with another fighter under the GBP banner and have the jury determine his contract with GBP is null and void. The fight couldn't happen and the other fighter could possibly sue one or both GBP and Canelo.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

So I guess this would partially explain the lack of info we're hearing on him vs anyone and why he'd vacate. Shi tty timing..vacates and cant negotiate a fight to save face. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• GGG Gloveking
    replied
    Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Did I read or understand this wrong? Canelo can't sign a fight or deal until this is done in the event they don't settle/win? Guat..da fac
    Yes. It would be quite a legal quagmire if Canelo were to sign a fight with another fighter under the GBP banner and have the jury determine his contract with GBP is null and void. The fight couldn't happen and the other fighter could possibly sue one or both GBP and Canelo.

Leave a comment:

• NearHypnos
    replied
    Did I read or understand this wrong? Canelo can't sign a fight or deal until this is done in the event they don't settle/win? Guat..da fac

Leave a comment:

• GGG Gloveking
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiCityExtractz View Post
    So my father's a very succesful attorney, worked along side Gloria alred and many other attornies. He looked into this one himself, he said and I quote "Good luck oscar". This one should really make the fight with GGG catch the mayweather pacquiao 6 year syndrome. It aint happenin.
    Is your father a black attorney or a Mexican one?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X