Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats stopping lara from fighting a top 10 contender at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    you can see it on their faces; lara is probably a f#Cking monster in the gym. long ass arms, great, great amateur background fighting with headgear. all of that speed. southpaw. knows every trick in the book to escape. doesn't have to worry about stinking the joint out. and he punches hard enough to keep you honest.

i'm sure lara is a f#cking absolute animal in that gym, and that it belongs to him. perfect style for a dude you don't want to spar with.
    Yupp exactly. Good post. Where have you been though bro? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
      You want to know something interesting about your comment about Golovkin "Begging" those guys for a fight?
      Golovkin was the mandatory but challenger to each of those guys titles when he "begged" for those fights. And every one of them ducked him....
      Know what's funnier?

if Floyd entertained a ggg fight, would you be asking him to become a mandatory at 154 before getting that instant fight if he desires? Of course this is a hypothetical, so we're assuming Floyd is active and still holds the belts. Would route would you expect ggg to take for that fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        Yupp exactly. Good post. Where have you been though bro? lol

life, mang. that, and, let's face it, this place is very leavable .

Comment

• Lara fought a top 10 MW, the lineal champion Canelo and did well. Is 155 not MW anymore Lil G fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            Know what's funnier?

if Floyd entertained a ggg fight, would you be asking him to become a mandatory at 154 before getting that instant fight if he desires? Of course this is a hypothetical, so we're assuming Floyd is active and still holds the belts. Would route would you expect ggg to take for that fight
            I wouldn't because he said he will fight Floyd at 154 same as Ward says he fights Floyd at 160 or that he would go up to heavyweight to take on Klitschko and NOBODY holds those words against him, yet every post about Golovkin is "154-168 doe" which Golovkin never said himself, his trainer said that. For a title I wouldn't expect him to do it and I would be just as critical if it was made just out of the gate. For no titles that's another story hypothetically. What the folks on here want is Lara who is untested at middleweight to go up and fight the unified champion in the division that isn't right.
            The OP asked what is stopping Lara from fighting a top ranked middleweight and the answer is not a damn thing. The converse of that is"what is stopping Golovkin from fighting Lara?".
            And I will tell you and pose a question at the end if that is ok.
            1) WBA will announce Jacobs as the mandatory this week.
            2) When that happens he needs to fight either Jacobs or Saunders (WBO unification fight)
            3)If Jacobs vacates or gets stripped and/Or the Saunders fight cannot be made the the WBA can enforce Alfanso Blanco as their mandatory or the WBC can enforce Heiland as their mandatory.

The question I pose to you is the following and two fold: Should Golovkin then ignore his mandatory challengers for Lara and is Lara worth being stripped of a world title for when Golovkin is one title away from being undisputed champion?

I hope I answered your question objectively. Please be so kind as to do the same with the questions I posed to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              Lara fought a top 10 MW, the lineal champion Canelo and did well. Is 155 not MW anymore Lil G fans?
              Was Canelo lineal middleweight champion when they fought doe? And has Canelo beaten top ranked middleweight at full weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
                Was Canelo lineal middleweight champion when they fought doe? And has Canelo beaten top ranked middleweight at full weight?
                Lara has fought at 155, Canelo has fought at 155. Canelo didn't have to prove himself at the full 160 why does Lara need to? Double standards Lil G fans, double standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  golovkin's top 10 p4p on any credible list.

this is kind of a red herring comment. the poster who started the thread is asking why lara, who supposedly wants a golovkin fight, is still at 154 lbs. it's a completely legitimate question for any objective observer. why is he fighting at 154 and expecting a fight with golovkin, for a rumored 3million in purse, on PPV? don't you see the issue that somebody might have with that?
                  Totally get all of that but lets be honest here did we ask Amir Khan to "Move Up To 155 First And Fight A Top 155 Guy Before Fighting Canelo

I'm not seeing the consistency from "Boxing Fans" it is like the Bar is not at a level for GGG to reach AT ALL, people kinda just move it up an down for him whenever they want. Lara don't need to take a fight at 160 first, if he wants to fight, then fight him, not unless he has "BETTER OPTIONS" if he can get the Jacobs, Canelo or Billy Joe Saunders next then by all means of course he should take those fights FIRST

I'm just saying i see a guy want to fight a guy everybody say nobody wants to fight, why are people being negative towards Lara for wanting to fight and why these sudden "Requirements" to fight GGG?

So if GGG moves up are we then going to say "Well Before He Gets A Shot A Ramirez or DeGale "Why Don't GGG Move Up And Fights A Top 10 Super Middleweight First!"

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Totally get all of that but lets be honest here did we ask Amir Khan to "Move Up To 155 First And Fight A Top 155 Guy Before Fighting Canelo

I'm not seeing the consistency from "Boxing Fans" it is like the Bar is not at a level for GGG to reach AT ALL, people kinda just move it up an down for him whenever they want. Lara don't need to take a fight at 160 first, if he wants to fight, then fight him, not unless he has "BETTER OPTIONS" if he can get the Jacobs, Canelo or Billy Joe Saunders next then by all means of course he should take those fights FIRST

I'm just saying i see a guy want to fight a guy everybody say nobody wants to fight, why are people being negative towards Lara for wanting to fight and why these sudden "Requirements" to fight GGG?

So if GGG moves up are we then going to say "Well Before He Gets A Shot A Ramirez or DeGale "Why Don't GGG Move Up And Fights A Top 10 Super Middleweight First!"
                    Again, smaller guy moving up Ggg vs Ramirez or Degale brings the money, the fan interest and a good chance of winning, all unlike Lara vs Ggg. But by all means, if no better options, make him an offer. Though if he became mando, he becomes #1 option

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Again, smaller guy moving up Ggg vs Ramirez or Degale brings the money, the fan interest and a good chance of winning, all unlike Lara vs Ggg. But by all means, if no better options, make him an offer. Though if he became mando, he becomes #1 option
                      So with GGG it is about the Money as well? Because according to some of this forum he is different "he doesn't fight for just money"

Comment

Working...
                      X