Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More frustrating to watch: Rigondeaux or Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napoles was my all time favorite fighter. I named dogs and cars after him. I like Rigo better than Lara. I think he is a better fighter and he gets a higher percentage of KOs. Lara hasn't changed much. He ran from Canelo most of the fight and he ran from Vanes most of the fight. It's not a good look. He doesn't really flat out run but he constantly back peddles. Yes, he lands good clean punches and then it's back to backpeddling when he fights a good fighter like Vanes or Canelo. Lara only throws about 30 punches a round. Rigo doesn't run away like Lara often does. I though Canelo edge Lara out even if they landed about the same number of punches. Canelo came to fight and was always on the attack landing the harder punches. Vanes was also the one who was always on the attack with Lara. If Lara beat Vanes it wasn't by much. Lara's fight with Vanes should end all talk of him fighting GGG. Lara wouldn't stand a chance of beating GGG who is 10 times better than Vanes. All Lara could do would be to hit and run until GGG KOed him just as sure as death and taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Cause

1. You make it very easy for the judges to take it away from you
      2. Lesser purses and opportunities
      For #1 that hasn't been the case for Lara other than the Canelo fight

and for #2 Lara gets paid very well every time he fights so that doesn't seem to be a problem for him either

it is all about how you match Cuban fighters IMO, if you put them in with guys who will try to "BOX" with them then you will get a "Boring" fight. If you put them in with Relentless guys who will just go for it, then you will get good fights but giving them easy competition that will always be boring to watch

For me it is not the style that is boring, it is the MISMATCH that is boring, watching the opponent struggle to land a clean punch and struggle to cut the ring off is VERY BORING to more more so than the guy fighting off of his backfoot taking advantage of his opponents weakness

Comment

Erislandy

He does the bare minimum to win rounds so judges often punish him by giving it to the opponent

Comment

I got to go with lara, he really had the style and skillset to beat canelo, he can be very slick, but at times he's conservative reluctant and even gun shy.

Comment

Erislandy is still mentally in amateur boxing.

If he wins the 1st minute of a round, he'll avoid fighting for the rest of it content with his lead on points for that round

Comment

Erislandy is pretty dope when he lets his hands go.

His 1-2-1 is a thing of beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post

I say Rigondeaux is more frustrating since he looks the more impressive of the 2. The real shame is that when he's on point he's a brilliant to watch but chooses to fight safety first. Lara's style in general is just a major eye sore that just isn't pretty to watch, although I do respect his skills.
                Completely agree here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Agree with this. Rigo is a vastly superior boxer. Rigo also fights above his natural weight, whereas Lara looks like he might struggle if he didn't have the reach advantage he has at 154.
                  I agree with everything you said but Lara only weighed 160.5 on fight night compared to Vanes weighing 170 on fight night so apparently Lara is not a big 154 pounder.

Comment

Rigo actually throws punches and the occasional combo

I'm trying to figure out who I hate watching more; Lara or Jesse Vargas

Comment

Lara is insufferable to watch. That dude is so boring it's not even funny anymore.

When pressed, Rigo can go toe to toe like in the Donaire fight when he won virtually every exchange. He's safety first of course, but make no mistake, the guy isn't exactly a fighter you'd like to piss off.

Lara simply runs. Spare me this 'that's his footwork doe' ****. He runs away from a fight, it's that simple. **** that guy.
                      Last edited by Szef; 05-22-2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X