Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: Canelo Showed His Fear, I'll Fight Golovkin at Full 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    i don't understand what leads people to believe that lara would be golovkin's best win. no he is a JMW, for starters. that's hugely important. i'm not saying that he can't get to MW and beat contenders [though i think we've seen enough to know that he'd have a lot of problems with a durable MW who comes forward and has power,) i am saying that he has not, and that we can't credit him as if he has. since losing to canelo he's got wins over ishe smith, jan zavek, and delvin rodriguez. those guys aren't even contenders at 154. he's got a rematch scheduled with vanes. you think vanes makes it to the rematch with golovkin ? lara's wins are not comparable to golovkin's opponents, who are not only MWs, but higher ranked and much more numerous. i'm not saying that golovkin's opponents are anything to write home about, btu they're a hell of a lot better than than the lower tier

you don't earn a ranking at MW fighting JMWs.

we can';t give lara a bunch of extra credit because golovkin didn't fight ward. seems to me like most of the people who think lara is the best fighter golovkin has faced are people who don't like golovkin. now i may be wrong about that recently, as this is my first day on bscene in several months
    Yeah I haven't seen you around in a while. Good to have you back, we hardly agree but you're a great poster.

My point is that regardless of Lara being at Jr. Middle, he's a better fighter than Lemuix. He's a better ighter than Stevens. He's a better fighter than Wade. The Junior middleweight division is filled with far better fighters than 160. You would much rather watch GGG vs Lara than GGG vs Wade man come on.

Comment

• lil g is slowing being exposed, all the guys they are ducking consist of the skilled boxer type.(they would fight Floyd because of money and size). This is typical of HBO hype jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
        Yeah I haven't seen you around in a while. Good to have you back, we hardly agree but you're a great poster.

My point is that regardless of Lara being at Jr. Middle, he's a better fighter than Lemuix. He's a better ighter than Stevens. He's a better fighter than Wade. The Junior middleweight division is filled with far better fighters than 160. You would much rather watch GGG vs Lara than GGG vs Wade man come on.
        GGG vs lara or Jacobs would be GGG's best opponent to date.

if GGG camp wanted to be safe, they should go with Lara, it also gives them a common opponent with Canelo and gives them a target to outdo canelo and make them the favorite which would give them more ammo for leverage come negotiating time.

vs Jacobs is the riskier fight. it gives GGG a notable name and somewhat satisfies the andre ward he aint fought nobody contingent.

Comment

• Lara doesn't deserve a fight against the top middleweight and would get pummeled but the hell with it. If GGG can't get a fight with Jacobs or Saunders, I say make it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
            lil g is slowing being exposed, all the guys they are ducking consist of the skilled boxer type.(they would fight Floyd because of money and size). This is typical of HBO hype jobs.
            You can't duck a fighter who's not in your weight class, moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiCityExtractz View Post
              I hate that men on here are worse than women. Lara clearly has the balls, but people on here shunning him about his style. Yet those are the fans of Canelo. Canelo is an embarrassment to Mexican boxing. I am Mexican.
              Good call, skills pay the bills, Lara is amazing and would test GGG. How can people not want to see that fight?!

Comment

• Lara has balls! If GGG can't get Canelo or Saunders in September he should fight Lara, I always thought Lara would challenge GGG it would be a good fight. Everyone knows Lara beat Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  GGG vs lara or Jacobs would be GGG's best opponent to date.

if GGG camp wanted to be safe, they should go with Lara, it also gives them a common opponent with Canelo and gives them a target to outdo canelo and make them the favorite which would give them more ammo for leverage come negotiating time.

vs Jacobs is the riskier fight. it gives GGG a notable name and somewhat satisfies the andre ward he aint fought nobody contingent.
                  Danny Jacobs best best win is Peter Quillin, Lara's best win is Angulo, all at SWW.

Clearly, neither have done anything to justify people saying they would be better wins than any on Golovkin's record so far., and neither would have anything more than a theoretical chance of beating him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post

i agree that lara would be a more compelling fight than wade. i'm not even sure id' seen wade fight prior to his fight with golovkin. i probably did, and didn't remember, becuase he was nothing to write home about, which is worse.

still, lara's opponents wouldn't be favored to beat martin murray, matt macklin, dan geale, stevens, lemieux. i doubt lara himself would have been the favorite against murray, lemieux, or even stevens, macklin, or geale.

you can speculate about lara's rank at MW. many of the guys golovkin fought actually earned spots as contenders. lemiuex, macklin, and murray were in the top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                      Lara has balls! If GGG can't get Canelo or Saunders in September he should fight Lara, I always thought Lara would challenge GGG it would be a good fight. Everyone knows Lara beat Canelo.
                      Have you not noticed that Lara only starts talking about Golovkin when he has a fight coming up, then disappears into the woodwork again as soon as it's over?

He talks fighting about GGG for the publicity it gets him, and that's all there is to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X