Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GBP/K2 asked the WBC for a 30 day extension....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    You are the one who is crazy. Golden Boy was stalling and if you can't see that you are blind as a bat. How many times do K2 have to say they are not on board and won't put up with not being declared the full champion for one minute past the May24th deadline before you get it. Sure, the WBC would have let Canelo keep his title if both sides were find with that. GGG and his team made it crystal clear they wanted that belt on the 24th no ifs ands or buts and no fights below 160. So both sides being OK with Canelo remaining champ past the deadline was a situation that NEVER EXISTED.
    Yes this is exactly what my post alluded too..... I'm sorry i guess i misunderstood your first post then. If both parties were on board, no way WBC doesn't allow an extension. I'm sure if K2 felt GBP was really interested they would have asked the WBC for more time, and been granted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Well by dropping the belt he now goes back to saying he's not a true middleweight and he's never fought one...
      If GGG wants the prestige and name on his record, he has to cave on some stuff, we know that... It's always been this way and will continue to be when one guy is the face of boxing.... GGG can make the weight and win, he should take the risk...
      Canelo: "...We Mexicans don't fuck around! I'm not afraid of Golovkin, I'll fight him right now! Oh wait, I'm not a true MW, let's negotiate something else." If Canelo is the face of boxing, then boxing is fucked.

Comment

I think Canelo wants the fight but believes the best negotiations can be made without the WBC over their shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
          No title at stake??? the WBC/WBA/IBF/RING/LINEAL titles would all be at stake
          Golovkin already told Canelo that he wouldn't fight for a MW belt @ less than 160. Why would Canelo's dropping the WBC regular belt change that?

Comment

News flash! Canelo posted his photo this morning; you can tell he's shook up
            on account of the news.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              No they wouldn't grant an extension. It's just a boxing match and not a peace treaty between two countries. If both sides really want to make the fight they should be able to come to an agreement in hours, not days, weeks or a full month. All they need to decide is where and when the fight takes place. What percentage of the money each side get and what weight the fight will be fought at. There might be a few other details that need to be worked out but it just isn't that complicated. If they can't make this fight in a day or two then one side or the other really doesn't want the fight and another 28 days won't change anything.
              Canelo/Cotto took months almost a damn year to negotiate and make. Floyd/Manny took years. Almost no fights with superstars this big get made in 14 days.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                I think Canelo wants the fight but believes the best negotiations can be made without the WBC over their shoulder.
                Bullshit. Just say it man: Canelo is sniveling coward. It's ok. The truth shall set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post

Has this been confirmed by Oscar & or Tommy L?

I mean it is 2016 so you can say in bed, naked & getting your hog pleasured while skyping someone in Iceland if necessary (& why wouldn't you vs sitting in some ****ty conference room in a suit) so idk how damning that really is, but it kinda goes with thought Oscar & Canelo were going to half ass this situation.

Personally I can't buy that K2 is talking about the discussions like they are (ie were going good, weight wasn't an issue, etc & so on), but Oscar & Canelo think a deal isn't gonna be possible with almost a full week left of their 15 day period to make a deal. I mean you at least give a good faith attempt at making the deal in the 15 day timeline & then when things get to some nutty ass purse bid where Canelo (with his 4M+ PPV buys to GGG's 150k or whatever) is the clear cash cow & giving up 45% of the pie makes zero sense.

Most reasonable people who care to know the facts can support Canelo dropping the belt in that case I feel anyway. So I don't understand this move at all. I mean even if they are pissing themselves at fighting GGG I think you hold the belt til the purse bid & then claim the 45% to GGG thing is stupid (& it is) so you don't lose as much respect as Canelo has in the last 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Has this been confirmed by Oscar & or Tommy L?

I mean it is 2016 so you can say in bed, naked & getting your hog pleasured while skyping someone in Iceland if necessary (& why wouldn't you vs sitting in some ****ty conference room in a suit) so idk how damning that really is, but it kinda goes with thought Oscar & Canelo were going to half ass this situation.

Personally I can't buy that K2 is talking about the discussions like they are (ie were going good, weight wasn't an issue, etc & so on), but Oscar & Canelo think a deal isn't gonna be possible with almost a full week left of their 15 day period to make a deal. I mean you at least give a good faith attempt at making the deal in the 15 day timeline & then when things get to some nutty ass purse bid where Canelo (with his 4M+ PPV buys to GGG's 150k or whatever) is the clear cash cow & giving up 45% of the pie makes zero sense.

Most reasonable people who care to know the facts can support Canelo dropping the belt in that case I feel anyway. So I don't understand this move at all. I mean even if they are pissing themselves at fighting GGG I think you hold the belt til the purse bid & then claim the 45% to GGG thing is stupid (& it is) so you don't lose as much respect as Canelo has in the last 24 hours.
                    Of course they aren't going to come out and say Oscar is on some BS. That's why I said look at the timeline. Remember, from the beginning they both said no negotiating in the media. Suddenly leaks about Golden Boy trying to get more interim fights. Loeffler comes out and negotiates in the media re: no more interim fights. We made it clear he must fight GGG now. And the very next day Canelo vacates?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                      Golovkin already told Canelo that he wouldn't fight for a MW belt @ less than 160. Why would Canelo's dropping the WBC regular belt change that?
                      He was mandatory AND DIDNT HAVE TO!!!!..Canelo dropping the WBC belt changes all of that, IF GGG WANTS A BIG FIGHT!!! he will have to bend

Comment

Working...
                      X