No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    The Cotto/Smith/Brook fights are potentially big money fights, and so are Jacobs/Saunders/Eubank..... Canelo will make far more than Golovkin, no matter who he fights.

If money is the issue, then what other lucrative options does GGG have ?

Nobody would pay Golovkin even half-as-much as Canelo.

You can't use money/options as an excuse.

If Golovkin has been willing to fight Ward, then he would have as many options as Canelo..... but he wasn't willing to fight Ward.
    Yeah, Canelo will be well paid whoever he fights because he has a big following. But that following has now taken a hit and his rep is going to suffer. Again, how long can he fight CW fights? Not long in my opinion.

Why do you think Canelo gets the Jacobs and Saunders fights before GG?

GG now has 3 belts and Canelo has nothing.

GG is in a better position to get those fights, especially as Canelo would probably want more 155 fights before he went any higher.

If GG sticks around at MW and clears up, Canelo's going to be in a tight situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by casheddie View Post
      People blame GGG for not having big names on his card, but when big names duck they find justification in it. Explain?

Quillin
      Martinez
      Cotto
      Saunders
      Now- Canelo Alvarez - "The Mexican Fraud"

Hypekin could have fought..... Ward, Mora, Lara, Canelo, Cotto.

But..... he didn't want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        No belt is going to help GGG dictate terms against the bigger star which clearly is Canelo. GGG shot himself in the foot he had little leverage before and has zero now. Canelo had to agree to a catchweight to get Floyd to fight him, Cotto had to agree to one to get the Manny fight, Hopkins had to agree to one to get the Oscar fight. It's GGG's turn.
        There actually is a very strong chance that the belt could help dictate terms. The majority of the public will be against Canelo if the fight isn't made...& opinion will sour even more so if he doesn't fight his next bout at 154. The Mexican fanbase will not take kindly to their boxer dropping a belt and then continue to campaign at 155. Public pressure (which absolutely correlates to dollars) can force a boxer to take on a particular challenge or forever have their rep tarnished. Even current Mexican legends will forever blast Canelo for never fighting GGG if he doesn't go back down to 154. Perhaps social media will pressure Canelo himself to force GBP to get him that fight. We can't rule out possibilities as of yet. You have to at least agree with that?

Personally, I do believe that this is about the catch-weight. A PPV event against these 2 will do very well. Enough so that even at a 75-25 split, GGG will get a considerable amount of money. I don't advocate such a small split, but there's a good amount right there. Thus, it really does feel like the 155 is the determining factor. Perhaps social media, once again, can pressure Canelo into coming off of 155 to maybe 157?..158? I just don't want to believe that the fight has been torpedoed already.

Comment

He never did it, ever..... NOT ONCE !

Instead, Golovkin did the exact opposite..... he ducked TWO huge fights and used weight as an excuse on both occasions.

Mayweather did not lie to me, Canelo did not lie to me..... Golovkin did !
          Seriously, what are you talking about he ducked two huge fights?

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
            he didn't dropped because the belt, he did because he doesn't want to face ggg...
            On if you say so.

Belts dont matter to big names. Said it before this happened and have always said that. GGG wasting his time but hey got another belt so....yay

Comment

He never did it, ever..... NOT ONCE !

Instead, Golovkin did the exact opposite..... he ducked TWO huge fights and used weight as an excuse on both occasions.

Mayweather did not lie to me, Canelo did not lie to me..... Golovkin did !
              If mayweather didn't lie why didn't he fight the fighters I mentioned?
              Because he would have a real shot at losing. When GGG said that 3 years ago ward didn't step up but 3 years later he does and you want GGG to honor his word? Ok cool then Floyd has to do the same right now with GGG cause he called him out right? Gtfoh with your hated, ignorance and fanboyism

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                Yeah, Canelo will be well paid whoever he fights because he has a big following. But that following has now taken a hit and his rep is going to suffer. Again, how long can he fight CW fights? Not long in my opinion.

Why do you think Canelo gets the Jacobs and Saunders fights before GG?

GG now has 3 belts and Canelo has nothing.

GG is in a better position to get those fights, especially as Canelo would probably want more 155 fights before he went any higher.

If GG sticks around at MW and clears up, Canelo's going to be in a tight situation.

Canelo is a 2-division champion, and will likely become a 3-division champion.

Canelo is a PPV star, and he will only get bigger.

Golovkin will likely never fight on PPV again.

Canelo is young, he will create a legacy..... but Golovkin is old and his resume will always be questioned...... as will the fake claim to Hopkins record for successful defences.

Immediately following the Pepe Le Pew fight, Team Golovkin stated that Gennady can beat anyone at 154..... so why don't they just fight Canelo instead of making excuses?

Comment

Hypekin could have fought..... Ward, Mora, Lara, Canelo, Cotto.

But..... he didn't want to.
                  Stop with the BS.

It's embarrassing.

Lara is a JMW, who you'd probably have criticised if he'd have fought him.

GG let Canelo and Cotto fight each other, knowing that the winner had to fight him or vacate. While they were in camp, he fought Lemieux for the IBF belt. That was a good move on his part. Fighting for another belt with a guarantee is smart.

Canelo then put in a voluntary to fight a WW, and was supposed to be fighting GG next. But he's not because he's bottled it.

Again, nothing official ever took place with Andre, and Andre was never in a position to have fought him.

You're talking absolute laughable nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
                    I'm almost sure you are just joking and already know that about 15% of the population in Mexico are white Caucasians directly descendant from European blood (mainly Spanish and French, the two countries which invaded Mexico, the 1st one to conquer it, succeed at it and then be thrown out in an independence war three centuries later, the 2nd one try and do so and fail after a few years of occupancy without support from their crown, being later expelled by force, at war as well).

Canelo is from Jalisco, a state that has plenty of white people, some are brunettes, some are brown-haired, some are blond, some (a minority of the white population just like elsewhere) are red-headed, like Canelo.

If you go to an area of that Jalisco state, called "Los Altos", you will see that MOST of the population in the small towns there, are white people with green or blue eyes, many of them are actually blond with colored eyes, so they would look even "less Mexican" than your notion of a Mexican --again, if you are being serious and not joking--, because not only are they better looking (I mean "more convincing") as pure-breed white Caucasian than Canelo, but as a general rule they are also taller than him as an average, I mean the guys of course.

But probably you have never been to Mexico and have no idea of what you are talking about, or you live in the US and have only seen the average Chicano (Mexican American) who tends to be half-breed (Amerindian mixed with white Caucasian) and therefore you are inferring that, since most Mexican-Americans are by far mixed-race, then in inner Mexico it is the same story, but it is NOT, there are plenty of "canelos" around lol, even taller and physically bigger than him, but THEY DON'T NEED TO become boxers to be successful in life, since, sadly, in Mexico like in many other countries, the medium-upper and upper social classes are mostly white Caucasians, so they are the least likely to take a swim to cross the border illegally and make a living in a better-suited-financially country.

Oh God what a big litany I just wrote lol bottom line: about 15% of the Mexican population is just as white as Canelo, because they are direct descendants from Europeans, not mixed-breed, not that there's anything wrong with being mixed-breed or pure Amerindian, the value is in the person's education, manners and moral values, but specially their ACTIONS, not in their race, but I just wanted to explain that there's plenty of white Mexican nationals, again, in case your comment wasn't just a joke.
                    Richie Cunningham has bed sheets with mysterious brown stains? Could someone explain them to me?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Interested to see how this develops.

If the reported 55-45 split is the issue, its not an easy fix. Golovkin is not getting 45% of the money for this fight.
                      The issue is Canelo is ducking GGG

Comment

Working...
                      X