No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Canelo keep fighting little dudes and his numbers will go down... He is basically half the star that manny and floyd were.. Canelo/cotto didn't break a millions.. Canelo will not have any big big fights unless he rematches cotto or somehow gets manny...
    This will hurt Canelo's brand.. Every story written on him from now on will talk about him ducking ggg..
    Canelo should have just vacated as soon as he beat cotto and went back down to 154..

Isn't Canelo much bigger than Mayweather and Pacquiao were at 25yo ?

And the red kid is going to get much bigger imo, he will be the next big star.

He has so many options, and could easily fight for another 10 years+.

Comment

• This is a face saving move by Saul Alvarez. Canelo has no intentions of ever stepping into that ring with Triple G. That much is so apparent. He is just saying we will continue to talk; Which sounds to me that Canelo is not in the least bit interested in challenging Gennady Golvkin at the 160lb limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        The split would be 55-45 if they went to purse bid, I believe. No way is Golovkin deserving of 45% of the money.
        And Canola deserves 55% for his CW BS within the same weight division!!? Stop with this hypocrisy already..
        I used like Canelo but his team have come up with lame a$$ excuses after making bold statements with such audacity..

Comment

• Shame. Either Canelo really is afraid to fight GGG or his promoters don't want to see their "Golden Boy" get a beat down like their other boy Lemieux. If I were team Golovkin I wouldn't give team Canelo the time of day. GGG shouldn't make any concessions at all when it comes to Canelo. That ship has sailed. Time to bring some other real contenders in the MW division.

Comment

• His Mexican fans are done with this coward, check out Canelos Facebook, Twitter etc- Funny crap!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
              Come on man, you're either completely biased, or you can't appreciate the huge difference in circumstances.

All I appreciate is this..... Team Bull**** made weak excuses to justify why Gennady won't back up that " anyone from 154-168 " rubbish.

Well, those weak excuses have now been removed.

Lets go.... " champ " !!

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                Canelo vs Khan did around 460,000.

332,000 if you go by Glaser's numbers. HBO will not be releasing the official numbers for this fight. Compared to Golovkin vs Lemieux, which was reported by HBO at 150,000 (not a good number either).

Still, it really hurts Canelo's claim at being a big star in boxing. A star should be pulling way more than above. It means that Canelo needs a good named opponent/someone he wouldn't outclass due to his size, to pull a good number in.

It just goes to show: you need a solid opponent for the fans to really want to buy the fight. Golovkin vs Canelo would do at least 650,000 PPV buys IMO.

HBO never reported the number.

Comment

• Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
                  His Mexican fans are done with this coward, check out Canelos Facebook, Twitter etc- Funny crap!
                  Ohh he's ***ED! They goona throw all kinds of sht at him when they see him.

Comment

• I repeat.....

Lets go.... " champ " !!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Presidente View Post
                      Ummm, wow...first, neither Mayweather Jr or Pacquiao will ever be remembered as GOATs...sorry. They're HOF material, no doubt, but not GOATs.

Mayweather's fight with Berto as is last hurrah was an insult to everyone. Manny decided to fight Bradley for his last hurrah for the 3rd freaking time...really? LOL

FMWJ and MP both ducked each other for years, and when they finally got it on both were not at their peaks. Bad examples man.

Who are GOATS??

Can you tell me please?

I been following boxing since 2012 and I would like to know who are considered GOATS, thanks im advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X