Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr Inks New Deal With Matchroom, Returns June 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Hmmm, only a 2 fight deal?

So they fight in June then September. No way they take GGG.

Eubank won't sign any long terms contract with a promoter.

If you bring him the good fights, he'll extend the contract on a fight by fight basis, if you don't bring him the good fights, he's gone.

More fighters should take this position.

Comment

Hearn putting the UK flag at the end of his tweet makes me think it'll be a British title defence but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Great that BJS won't get his rematch this year. After turning down millions because he had so many options for a big stadium fight in the summer it's amusing to see him have jack shit possibility of a big pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by G_Child_123 View Post
        It looks like they are gonna go after Daniel Jacobs, if you take into account Hearn's pally deal with Haymon.
        it might be kinda hard since hearn was trashing the pbc platform and the whole degale signing with haymon thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
          it might be kinda hard since hearn was trashing the pbc platform and the whole degale signing with haymon thing.
          So long as Hearn has Joshua he'll have some leverage with Al.

Comment

I remember back when Jr fought the Irish lad, they said that he'd have one more fight and then he was guaranteed a shot at Jacobs. The WBA is a mess so I'm guessing that's been forgotten as they're talking about ordering GGG-Jacobs next and nobody on the Eubank/Hearn side has mentioned it in a while.

I'm surprised Macklin retired recently as he must have a chance at a decent payday against Eubank or BJS.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              I remember back when Jr fought the Irish lad, they said that he'd have one more fight and then he was guaranteed a shot at Jacobs. The WBA is a mess so I'm guessing that's been forgotten as they're talking about ordering GGG-Jacobs next and nobody on the Eubank/Hearn side has mentioned it in a while.

I'm surprised Macklin retired recently as he must have a chance at a decent payday against Eubank or BJS.
              Eubank was mandated to fight Jacobs after O'Sullivan b/c they stripped him of his interim title for Blanco. Eubank didn't go along with that and fought Blackwell instead, his loss.

Did anyone ever clarify why Booth no longer works with Jr?

Comment

Working...
              X