Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan-Canelo did just under 600 K buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So lets be clear about this, are we going to trust Glaser numbers always? We should make a poll about this

So may berto 380k
    Canelo corto 600k
    GGG lemieux 97k
    And now Canelo khan 320k

Ok, to me all those numbers representante ****...because nothing of that money is coming to my pocket, so what the deal about 600 or 900?

Its dumb.

Comment

600k would put this a few 100k buys ahead of Manny and Floyd last ppvs. Damn good numbers for a mismatch basically stay busy fight. Anyone who says they thought this would do 900k like cotto who is a bigger star then khan and that was a virtual 50/50 fight. Khan was like a 7 to 1 and I think this was his first time headlining a ppv. Floyd berto per same Dan Rafael source did 400k and that fight literally cost 2 or 3x as much money to make.

What this tells me is canelo is the new cash cow him manny, Floyd, even ggg all last fought mismatches on ppv and canelo outsold all of them with his mismatch. But it also shows that the days of manny and Floyd fighting any bum and pulling 1m buys is long over. The numbers were falling for both manny and Floyd for years they cashed out finally fighting each other but their last fights both not even coming close to 500k. That's the new world we live in for ppvs.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Cashnelo indeed.

Close to 600k for a mismatch, better than Mayweather and Pac's latest fights.
        Didn't Floyd Berto do 550k?

About the same then isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
          Those Glaser numbers were all good for the Floyd fights. I will go with his number for this fight. Oscar has his hired hands doing some damage control.
          No, they weren't. Glaser does not even work in boxing and has less connections that us here. He simply makes numbers up for every ppv. The guy was a Don King employee many years ago..thats it.

Comment

Great numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              So you are going to just pick the highest number you find?? we will never know the true numbers
              you people get butthurt so easily

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                No, they weren't. Glaser does not even work in boxing and has less connections that us here. He simply makes numbers up for every ppv. The guy was a Don King employee many years ago..thats it.
                Yup some people really thought this idiot had inside sources with cable provides for his fraud figures he was pulling out his rear. Now we find out by HIS OWN WORDS it's nothing more then his estimate based on how many people on Facebook told him they were going to buy the fight. LMAO

This dude has been proven to be dead wrong on his figures why anyone ESPECIALLY the GGG fans who spent half a year making him public enemy number 1 and discrediting him after he tweeted that GGG only did 97k buys when K2 came out saying that was horse crap and that it did 150k. Also said Canelo/Cotto only did 600k when it really did 900k. Dude is not just off by a bit. We talking 30-50% off. He's literally licking his finger and sticking it out in the air to tell you what the weather is going to be like tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                  So lets be clear about this, are we going to trust Glaser numbers always? We should make a poll about this

So may berto 380k
                  Canelo corto 600k
                  GGG lemieux 97k
                  And now Canelo khan 320k

Ok, to me all those numbers representante ****...because nothing of that money is coming to my pocket, so what the deal about 600 or 900?

Its dumb.
                  You have to understand, here on NSB we have people who are multifaceted.

We have people that are Human scales/Lawyers/Promoters/Executives/Trainers/Judges all wrapped up into one big thing that I like to describe as an...........................

...................idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Didn't Floyd Berto do 550k?

About the same then isn't it?
                    A little higher, which I'd say is pretty good.

Mayweather was the king of PPV boxing, but the Pac fight left a black eye on the sport to a lot of casual PPV buyers. To get around 600k after that, beating both Mayweather and Pacquiao's last fight numbers, is not too shabby, especially with an opponent like Khan.
                    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 05-12-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      A little higher, which I'd say is pretty good.

Mayweather was the king of PPV boxing, but the Pac fight left a black eye on the sport to a lot of casual PPV buyers. To get around 600k after that, beating both Mayweather and Pacquiao's last fight numbers, is not too shabby, especially with an opponent like Khan.
                      Khan's a pretty big name though right?

I wouldn't expect Canelo-Berto to do 500k maybe not even 300k.

Floyd-Khan would be atleast a million.

Comment

Working...
                      X