Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Golovkin-Canelo No Longer a Walkover, Very Competitive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Golovkin-Canelo No Longer a Walkover, Very Competitive

Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach is no longer under the impression that WBA/IBO/IBF middleweight champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (35-0, 32KOs) will steamroll right over WBC champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (47-1-1, 33KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Roach claims it is reasonable for Canelo to wait a bit for GGG, since he's still maturing as a fighter while GGG is already there. I'll buy into that.

Comment

I've always felt it was a competitive fight. GGG isn't as good as people make him out to be. And Canelo is a lot better than GGG's lil fanboys think he is. Its also a good style match-up. And what gets lost is the competition level both have faced. Canelo is a HUGE step up in class for GGG. GGG isn't even the best fighter Canelo has faced.

Comment

said this before that im not a fan of either fighter but Golovkin will win that fight without much difficulty only problem is once he beats canelo whats left at 160? jacobs and saunders I guess wont be too bad for the resume but they aint huge fights he might have to move up after

Comment

"GGG is the best pound for pound fighter today". Roach's opinion. But what does Roach know about boxing, right? i mean... LOL you gotta love the haters.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            I've always felt it was a competitive fight. GGG isn't as good as people make him out to be. And Canelo is a lot better than GGG's lil fanboys think he is. Its also a good style match-up. And what gets lost is the competition level both have faced. Canelo is a HUGE step up in class for GGG. GGG isn't even the best fighter Canelo has faced.
            I think this is a great fight. I don't understand though how you can say Golovkin is not as good as people think he is. As an amateur he had a record of 345 wins with only 5 losses. He now has an undefeated pro record.

I understand he hasn't had the greatest pro resume but he has faced about any style in the amateurs that you could possibly throw at him. Amateurs are also at a much faster pace during the fight because of the low number of rounds. On another note, you don't know who your fighting in the amateurs so no homework on your opponent in those tournaments. I can't remember who was interviewed, but they said amateur boxing can be tougher than pro boxing because of these factors.

Comment

Originally posted by datastream View Post
              I can't remember who was interviewed, but they said amateur boxing can be tougher than pro boxing because of these factors.
              sure....trolling is fun

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                sure....trolling is fun
                You would know.

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                  said this before that im not a fan of either fighter but Golovkin will win that fight without much difficulty only problem is once he beats canelo whats left at 160? jacobs and saunders I guess wont be too bad for the resume but they aint huge fights he might have to move up after
                  I believe that was what they had expressed in the past, once unified, move on to another weight class....maybe a xpuple of defenses first?...anyway, let's hope they make good on it...

Comment

Roach is high. Canelo is loaded with holes.
                    Last edited by yoshik; 05-11-2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X