Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Was Approached To Train Conor McGregor, I'm Interested!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think conor mcgregor is fackin great! he has huge balls and is massive mma draw and the best part about it is...he aint a fackin yank. hes got an excellent skill set but, lacks in the floor work...in my opinion, if a fellah is wrestled to the floor its anyones match but he was smashin the fack out of nates face though he did get caught as he does because his bravado is even bigger than them huge nuts! having said that, a 2 weight jump and takin big shots in the face shows he has a chin too. if he stays at feather....nobody can touch him.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
      If they were boxing using MMA gloves I would agree but they're using boxing gloves. I don't think FMJ loads up and puts all of his power into shots like he did at 135. He's be tagging Connor with stiff , hard , and fast pot shots but not KO blows IMO.
      He usually goes for the knockout in round 10 and 11 and then dances around in the 12th. He did the same to Pac, Marquez, Maidana 2, Canelo, Cotto (though he tried to KO Cotto in 12 as well), Guerrero, and even Castillo 2.

So even if he pitty pats, he's be far more aggressive in rounds 10 and 11, and given how much more vulnerable McGregor would be compared to a 'pure' boxer, I can see him getting KTFO.

Floyd won't KO him early like some predict tho, not because he couldn't but just because it aint his style. Floyd is the kind of guy who only does just enough to get by, no matter who the opponent, which is probably why his haters cry robbery almost every time he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        He did gas, but Nate Diaz is also much bigger than Floyd with a much higher workrate. Obviously Floyd would toy with Connor. He hasn't knocked anyone out since Hatton though and Hatton is a smaller guy who took a lot of punishment.
        You mean since Ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          Nate Diaz choked connor out you ****ing morons. Connor was making him look silly from a boxing perspective before that.
          You dumb fck Nate was beating the **** outta Conor before he choked him out lol slapping him all upside his head

Comment

I do't mind buying the PPV. Conor is a good boxer plus has the size over Floyd. He took Diaz lightly, tried to KO him and gassed out. Conor needs Roach to train him for Floyd who is a clever boxer.

Comment

floyd will score his first legit knockout in years

this will be the ulimate cherrypick

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                People are underestimating McGregor's boxing abilities. That said, he should be fighting a much lower level opponent in his first boxing match
                Soto Karass would beat McGregor

He's not a boxer, for you to even suggest anyone is underestimating him is bloody laughable

Boxing is a whole nother beast.

You can't just walk into the discipline like this

This is like Roy Jones fighting one of his fans

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                  Is this for a boxing match? It won't last 60 seconds. Unless it's like a pretend thing.
                  I guarantee Connor would last at least 3/4 rounds against feather fisted mayweather come on guys he isn't fighting GGG

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                    You dumb fck Nate was beating the **** outta Conor before he choked him out lol slapping him all upside his head

I never saw it but from what I read and heard Conor was fawking Diaz up the he got caught with a big punch and it was all downhill from there

Comment

There is one advantage for McGregor. He would come in weighing 170~ pounds. Also, he has longer arms.

...but that's it. Skillwise, Mayweather would dominate him.

Comment

Working...
                      X