Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Was Approached To Train Conor McGregor, I'm Interested!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    IDK man, Id bet Money Floyd KO's him, did you notice how Conor gassed out 7 mins into a stand up fight? I see Floyd wearing him down and I dont really see Floyd be to defensive, Im pretty sure he brings it knowing it aint $h1t.
    It be different. In boxing you can pace yourself by holding, plus the ref breaks you up if you clinch..so generally you "Start over"

MMA doesnt do that. The ref lets you fight, so you consume more energy and gas easily. Especially if you are doing kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
      roach should decline the offer. conor would lose in a more embarassing way than manny did.
      Jhonny agrees with your post!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Jhonny agrees with your post!
        Jhonnys a smart perro... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Yall only hate on this fight because Mayweather involved.. You bloggers have been talking about MCgregor like he's the fighter of the decade. 3 months ago y'all said Floyd was scared of him now it's time to fight and y'all making excuses(as usual with FM opponents) Boxers go to UFC and we never hear any of this. All we here is how boxers can't fight. Well now it's time for mma fighter to step in the ring.
          For the record I'm not one of y'all that you're speaking of. I'm a boxing fan and a fmj fan but I'm not a overt fanatic of anyone.
          No matter how you want to look At this fight its a joke. If pro boxers can't beat fmj who in their right mind would think a mma fighter could. The only chance the mma fighter has is to land a lucky shot point blank period

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            This fight is a joke Chocalito would beat Conor in a boxing match
            Victor Ortiz would make CONOR quit.

Yeah I said it. It's that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
              I'm not a Mayweather fan and I follow the UFC very closely. I can assure you that Mayweather will dominate Conor in a boxing match. It's will be a one-sided fight and should result in a late stoppage. Conor has almost no chance.

If it was an MMA fight the result would be different and Conor would beat Floyd easily in a one-sided fight.

Not sure why anyone could seriously think either fighter has a chance against the other when swapping MMA for boxing and vice versa.
              There should be a compromise.

In an octagon, with MMA gloves, striking only. That will make it competitive. Still in Floyd's favor, but at least in the octagon will not be biased for Floyd too much.

Pressing against the cage is allowed.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Was Approached To Train Conor McGregor, I'm Interested!

According to Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach, he was approached to train UFC world champion Conor McGregor, who is linked in recent headlines to a potential crossover showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the fall.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Hopefully this happens. It would definitely rival the Mayweather-Pacquiao 4.6M buys PPV record.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    People are underestimating McGregor's boxing abilities. That said, he should be fighting a much lower level opponent in his first boxing match

I would pick 40 something year old shot Nate Campbell to spark McGregor in a pure boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      This fight is a joke Chocalito would beat Conor in a boxing match
                      Dude don't you owe me your account due to the Khan loss?

Edit: Nevermind man, Lullaby is the one I made the bet with
                      Last edited by Rip Chudd; 05-10-2016, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X