Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Was Approached To Train Conor McGregor, I'm Interested!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: I Was Approached To Train Conor McGregor, I'm Interested!

According to Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach, he was approached to train UFC world champion Conor McGregor, who is linked in recent headlines to a potential crossover showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the fall.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-10-2016, 08:49 PM.

roach should decline the offer. conor would lose in a more embarassing way than manny did.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
      roach should decline the offer. conor would lose in a more embarassing way than manny did.
      Roach pretty much said that himself. I thought that too, if he was any good I thought he would have done soccer or gaa but he does have a backround in boxing I think he was a european champion, maybe he had the talent.

Comment

The man who admitted he and Manny had no game plan going into the biggest fight of their careers (against Mayweather)? He's one of the LAST people I'd want training Conor for a fight with Floyd.

Comment

Is this for a boxing match? It won't last 60 seconds. Unless it's like a pretend thing.

Comment

Originally posted by emre belozoglu View Post
            Roach pretty much said that himself. I thought that too, if he was any good I thought he would have done soccer or gaa but he does have a backround in boxing I think he was a european champion, maybe he had the talent.
            conor has decent stand up, but not against someone like floyd. conor's striking would be consider "good" for mma, but for boxing, conor would get his ears boxed off. i think if this fight actually gets made and conor shows up to the wildcard gym, after the first session on the mitts, roach will prolly send conor back home lol.

Comment

This fight is a joke Chocalito would beat Conor in a boxing match

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                conor has decent stand up, but not against someone like floyd. conor's striking would be consider "good" for mma, but for boxing, conor would get his ears boxed off. i think if this fight actually gets made and conor shows up to the wildcard gym, after the first session on the mitts, roach will prolly send conor back home lol.
                yeah lol be some story if he pulled it off though, you would be printing money betting on Mayweather and id say the odds would be decent. McGregr would be better going to Robert Garcia using that Maidana blueprint he has the knees down to a tee

Comment

yeah lol be some story if he pulled it off though, you would be printing money betting on Mayweather and id say the odds would be decent. McGregr would be better going to Robert Garcia using that Maidana blueprint he has the knees down to a tee
                  no chance at all and im actually an mma guy who dislike floyd but i also gotta be real with myself on this. conor has nothing to offer that will trouble floyd. i mean just look at what nate diaz did to conor and nate would be consider as a sloppy fighter in boxing. nate would be equivalent to guys like brandon rios in boxing lol..

Comment

Roach would get another chance to get that W over Mayweather. McGregor has done some great things in UFC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBt7WzivKUo
                    This fight if it happens is a disgrace to boxing. The only chance Connor has at beating FMJ is landing a lucky punch.
                    Now if Connor happens to pull off the upset, they would change the rules as to who could be President of the USA and put Connor in the Whitehouse without an election.
                    I will say this. If you have a few dollars laying around the house, bet the longshot because the odds would be so great, picking Connor to win (and he does) would be like hitting the Powerball or Mega Millions lottery.

Comment

Working...
                    X