Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Confident: Golovkin is Not What Everybody Think He Is!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    I'm high on Triple G but I think you have gone OTT here. if Canelo is so heavy footed how come he eventually caught up with Lara and Khan? He is not fleet footed but he isn't flat footed either. Golovkin has a potent jab but it is not the quickest. At range Canelo should be able to block off many of the jabs or duck them. Golovkin does put his punches together well but he'll be aware that Canelo has quicker hands and brilliant timing. Lets face it, Canelo had just a split second to land on Khan when he KO'd him but that was all he needed to throw and land with devastating accuracy. That shows me that Canelo's mental processing is super fast. Golovkin is wide open to the counter so I think he'll fight as you say as he did against Lemieux and Canelo will come forward but in a more hesitant manner than normal. I have Golovkin as a 60/40 favorite so for me Canelo is VERY much a live dog.
    Lets be honest here. Was anyone surprised by what happened Saturday night? Khan was a highlight reel knock out waiting to happen and it took Canelo 6 rounds of winging wild **** here and there to finally guess right. Khan fuked up just like everyone knew he would and got slept. I think everyone on this forum knew we would see Khan's lifeless body hit the canvas at some point. Khan had nothing to keep Canelo honest and he knew that from the beginning. Cenelo comes forward on Golovkin he is gonna catch a brain bleed, that will not be his gameplan. He better play counter puncher/ inside brawler or he will get the hell beat out of him. Canelo has a chance to beat Golovkin but I dont think he will. I think he will get walked down behind that jab we saw against Lemule and his corner will stop the carnage around the 10th because I think Canelo has the juice to take what Golovkin will give him and the heart to keep taking it.

Or, I could be totally wrong and he beats the brakes off Golovkin inside of 5 rounds. Stop the postering and make the god damn fight.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
      Canelo's defense is underrated. He has decent head movement when he's inside but he won't be able to do his waist-bending bob and weave because GGG will forego the head and stick that lead hook into the side of the ribs all day.

I want to see how Canelo grits his teeth against a guy who presses forward and hurts him consistently. He won't have a size advantage this time. GGG also hits just as hard. Canelo may be faster but his lack of mobility compared to GGG will be a disadvantage. GGG will turn Canelo constantly and prevent him from setting his feet to launch power punches. Most def he'll make Canelo pay for using wide looping hooks.

I see GGG showcasing his fundamentals to control the pace (like he did against Lemieux) . With one eye swollen badly, Canelo will fade during the championship rounds. GGG has the better engine. He'll break Canelo down and force him to the canvas with a body shot.

It'll be an epic battle. They really need to make it happen.
      You contradict yourself. You tell us how Golovkin will easily out box and out punch Canelo and then tell us it will be an epic battle. Which is it?

You have Golovkin as a power-punching Lara. He isn't. I like GGG but Canelo is a step up from all his opponents in turns of boxing IQ and experience. Likewise Golovkin is a step-up for Canelo in terms of size and power but not boxing IQ nor speed.

IMO you are right that it will be an epic battle.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        When Canelo exposes GGG it wilk be worse than Diaz exposing McGregor.
        Be duly prepared for the converse when Canelo suffers a beat down that'll make even Bob Arum cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          I'm high on Triple G but I think you have gone OTT here. if Canelo is so heavy footed how come he eventually caught up with Lara and Khan? He is not fleet footed but he isn't flat footed either. Golovkin has a potent jab but it is not the quickest. At range Canelo should be able to block off many of the jabs or duck them. Golovkin does put his punches together well but he'll be aware that Canelo has quicker hands and brilliant timing. Lets face it, Canelo had just a split second to land on Khan when he KO'd him but that was all he needed to throw and land with devastating accuracy. That shows me that Canelo's mental processing is super fast. Golovkin is wide open to the counter so I think he'll fight as you say as he did against Lemieux and Canelo will come forward but in a more hesitant manner than normal. I have Golovkin as a 60/40 favorite so for me Canelo is VERY much a live dog.
          I think we are both close in our assessment. Canelo is no slouch, I think I mentioned that but I don't believe he's fast enough to get out of GGG's wheelhouse. If he was initially, GGG body attack will certainly slow him down eventually and he will have to fight a firefight since he won't be able to rest with GGG's sustained attack. Then it becomes who can take the other's heavy artillery better and the eye test just tells you GGG seems to be the one with the better chin and the better gas tank. If am wrong when the fight happens, then I can admit but I am almost certain the fight plays out just this way. I favor GGG, a 65/35 favorite and I can guarantee you that if the fight gets signed today, GGG opens up as the favorite (those old men in Vegas are almost never wrong). Odds probably tighten up as the fight gets closer but you just get the feeling GGG has been frustrated not getting his big fight for so long and he's been waiting for his moment and he plans to take full advantage of it by putting on a big drama show.
          Last edited by whirlout; 05-09-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

SteveM: I never claimed it'll be a cake walk for GGG. Because of his aggressive ring IQ, GGG will get tagged too since Canelo's a good counter puncher.

But the question remains: can Canelo handle being on the back foot for the entire fight against a fighter who can damage him more than any other opponent he's faced?

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
              Lets be honest here. Was anyone surprised by what happened Saturday night? Khan was a highlight reel knock out waiting to happen and it took Canelo 6 rounds of winging wild **** here and there to finally guess right. Khan fuked up just like everyone knew he would and got slept. I think everyone on this forum knew we would see Khan's lifeless body hit the canvas at some point. Khan had nothing to keep Canelo honest and he knew that from the beginning. Cenelo comes forward on Golovkin he is gonna catch a brain bleed, that will not be his gameplan. He better play counter puncher/ inside brawler or he will get the hell beat out of him. Canelo has a chance to beat Golovkin but I dont think he will. I think he will get walked down behind that jab we saw against Lemule and his corner will stop the carnage around the 10th because I think Canelo has the juice to take what Golovkin will give him and the heart to keep taking it.

Or, I could be totally wrong and he beats the brakes off Golovkin inside of 5 rounds. Stop the postering and make the god damn fight.
              I think you don't like Khan much or maybe it's just your frustration with a poor match-up?
              It's not easy to watch fights down here in Ecuador but I was with an 82 year old friend watching it live at the Marriott bar, which is a good tip for anybody away from home in a city with a Marriott hotel. I was explaining the fight to my friend , yeah - I do know some old farts - and I explained how everybody was saying it would go. He asked me and I said well I have Canelo by KO between 4th and sixth. At end of 5th he asked me what I thought and I told him I was sticking with my prediction.
              Point is, was Khan that bad? He fought real well and as we knew it only took a slip of concentration from Khan. But whoever fights Khan, they still have to catch up with him first and it does take a few rounds. Canelo is not super fast but he aint super slow either.
              How does Canelo best fight GGG? His only chance over the long haul is counter punch him. But his problem is how to get GGG to drop his hands. I think Canelo has the faster boxing brain and the faster hands than GGG. His ability to win will be based on being able to bring those attributes into play without receiving too much incoming himself. He might have to lull Golovkin into a false sense of security.
              Looking forward to it as long as it happens by May 2017. Any longer and GGG may have slipped out of his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                SteveM: I never claimed it'll be a cake walk for GGG. Because of his aggressive ring IQ, GGG will get tagged too since Canelo's a good counter puncher.

But the question remains: can Canelo handle being on the back foot for the entire fight against a fighter who can damage him more than any other opponent he's faced?
                You should learn how to post. Don't misquote me or anybody else for that matter. Just bold what you want to comment on - it works better.

Comment

ok, i will tell you what will happen.

between round 7 and 9 a left to the body brings Canelo on his knees.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                    And I'll be looking for this guy!!
                    You know where to find me lol

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                      Anthony Dirrell fought Truax and stopped him in 90 seconds. That's Golovkin's whole career.
                      What does Truax have to do with GGG?

Comment

Working...
                      X